Pineapple and Cucumber Detox Juice Recipe
Looking to give your body a healthy reset? This pineapple and cucumber detox juice recipe is a delicious way to give your body a boost of essential nutrients while helping clean your colon and flush toxins away.
This refreshing juice is not only easy to make but is also packed with antioxidants, vitamins, live enzymes, and minerals which will help improve digestion, reduce inflammation, and support whole body detoxification and healing. Whether you’re looking to jumpstart a healthy eating plan or just want to add a tasty and nutritious beverage to your routine, this pineapple and cucumber detox juice recipe is a must-try.
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases at no cost to you. See my Affiliate Disclosure to read my policy and more about affiliate links.
Table of Contents
Why You’ll Love This Pineapple and Cucumber Juice Recipe
You’ll love this pineapple cucumber juice because it’s sweet, refreshing and tangy. It tastes just like lemonade!
- Gluten Free
- Easy to Make
- Dairy Free
- Soy Free
- Paleo Friendly
Ingredients You Need to Make Pineapple Cucumber Juice
- Fresh Pineapple
- English Cucumbers
- Wash the pineapple, cucumber, cilantro, ginger and lime. Slice the pineapple small enough to fit in the juicer but don’t peel the skin. Slice the pith off of the lime.
- Run the pineapple, cucumber, cilantro, ginger and lime through the juicer. Next, place the pulp in a cheese cloth bag and squeeze to extract any leftover juice. Enjoy!
Which Is The Easiest Juicer to Use?
Can You Make Pineapple Cucumber Juice Without A Juicer?
To get the most pulp free liquid out of your produce, it’s best to use a juicer. But if you don’t have a juicer you can still make pineapple and cucumber juice! You can blend the ingredients up in a blender and strain them through a cheese cloth.
How to Make Green Juice Without A Juicer
- Step 1: Slice the cucumber, pineapple and romaine lettuce into one inch chunks.
- Step 2: Place the produce in a blender with a quarter cup of water. Blend until a mash is formed.
- Step 3: Pour the blended fruit into a cheese cloth and strain it into a bowl. Throw away or compost the pulp and enjoy the juice!
What’s the Difference Between Juice and A Smoothie?
Juice and smoothies are both popular beverages made from fruits and vegetables, but they are different in several ways:
- Ingredients: Juices are made by extracting the liquid from fruits and vegetables using a juicer, while smoothies are made by blending whole fruits and vegetables with liquids like milk or yogurt.
- Fiber content: Smoothies are higher in fiber than juice because the whole fruit or vegetable is used, including the fiber-rich skin and pulp. In contrast, juice typically has little to no fiber, as it is removed during the juicing process.
- Nutrient density: Because smoothies use the whole fruit or vegetable, they contain more vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants than juice. However, juice can be more concentrated in certain nutrients, such as vitamin C.
- Calories: Smoothies are typically higher in calories than juice because they contain more ingredients and fiber, which can add up quickly. Juice, on the other hand, can be lower in calories but may not be as filling.
Overall, both juice and smoothies can be healthy choices, but the best choice depends on your individual nutritional needs and preferences.
Recipe Tips and Substitutions
- Peel the cucumber if it’s waxed.
- Juice the pineapple with the skin on.
- If you don’t have Romain lettuce you can use spinach or kale instead.
- Wash the produce before you juice it.
The only time you will need to peel a cucumber before juicing it is if the skin is covered in wax. This is why I prefer english cucumbers, their skin is never waxed. Regular cucumbers are often sold with waxy skin.
Farmers put wax on produce to seal in moisture and help it to stay fresher longer. But this practice comes at a price. Wax is made with fungicides and can trap bacteria and other chemicals. Consuming these chemicals is harmful to our health. Always peel waxy fruit. Cucumbers and apples are often coated in wax.
Can This Juice Help With Weight Loss?
Cucumber and pineapple juice has a lot of sugar in it so it isn’t necessarily good for weight-loss.
Common Questions and Answers
What are the benefits of drinking pineapple cucumber juice?
Drinking cucumber pineapple juice can provide a range of health benefits. Here are some of the key benefits that come along with drinking this delicious pineapple and cucumber detox juice recipe:
- Helps with digestion: Both pineapple and cucumber contain digestive enzymes that can help improve digestion and reduce inflammation in the gut. When you juice the pineapple and cucumber you remove the fiber so that it’s even easier for your body to absorb the digestive enzymes.
- Help Clean the Colon: The fruit sugars in the juice will also help cleanse the colon and loosen stool.
- Boosts immune function: Pineapple is a good source of vitamin C, which can help boost the immune system and protect against infection.
- Reduces inflammation: Both pineapple and cucumber contain anti-inflammatory compounds that can help reduce inflammation throughout the body, which may help lower the risk of chronic diseases.
- Hydrates the body: Cucumber is mostly made up of water and can help keep you hydrated, while pineapple contains electrolytes like potassium and magnesium that can help maintain fluid balance in the body.
When is the Best Time to Drink Juice?
For the best benefit juice should be the first thing consumed in the morning aside from water, coffee or tea. So for most people that is in the morning.
Do you practice intermittent fasting? Then drink juice 30 minutes before your first meal. Or when you start to get hungry. The time will depend on your body’s hunger cycle.
To learn more about why it’s important to drink juice on an empty stomach read the post, “When is the Best Time to Drink Juice.”
How many calories are in this pineapple cucumber juice?
This pineapple and cucumber detox juice recipe has only 41 calories per serving!
How long does cucumber pineapple juice last in the fridge?
This juice will last for up to two days in the fridge if stored in ideal conditions. Ideal conditions would be in a glass mason jar with a rubberized seal to lock in freshness.
Can you freeze vegetable juice?
Yes you can freeze vegetable juice for up to three months.
What is the best time to drink juice?
The best time to drink this cucumber and pineapple juice for the most detoxifying effect is in the morning on an empty stomach. Vegetable juice is filled with live enzymes and vitamins that are best absorbed on an empty stomach.
If you drink vegetable juice on top of food, the food will slow down your body’s ability to absorb it. The sugars in the juice will ferment and cause stomach distress if it sits in the stomach for too long.
Fresh juice lasts for up to two days in a mason jar if you keep it in the refrigerator. Under less than ideal conditions juice will only last 24 hours.
There are many types of mason jars you can buy. The best options are glass and have a lid with a rubber seal on the bottom that creates a vacuum seal when the jar is closed.
Even with the best type of mason jar, as soon as the juice is made it will start to lose its nutritional value due to two factors, heat and oxidation.
Which types of cucumbers are good for juicing?
There are around 30 types of cucumbers out there. Technically they’re all good for juicing. But the cucumbers with the best flavor are hot house and english cucumbers. Because they have thin skin and smaller seeds. The larger the seeds are the more bitter cucumber juice made from those cucumbers will taste.
Pineapple and Cucumber Detox Juice Recipe
- 2 C Fresh Pineapple 1/2 of 1 small pineapple
- 2 English Cucumbers
- 1/2 bunch Cilantro
- 2 inches Ginger
- 1 Lime skin removed
- Wash the pineapple, cucumber, cilantro, ginger and lime. Slice the pineapple to juice but don't peel the skin. Slice the pith off of the lime.
- Run the pineapple, cucumber, cilantro, ginger and lime through the juicer. After juicing place the pulp in a cheese cloth bag and squeeze to extract any leftover juice. Enjoy!