Air Fryer Baked Potatoes
These Air Fryer Baked Potatoes have perfectly crisp exteriors with soft and fluffy centers. They are the perfect baked potatoes and could not be easier to make!
Potatoes are long-time staple for me! Nothing is more comforting than a pillowy baked potato topped with all of your favorite toppings, am I right?? And making potatoes in an air fryer is hands down my favorite way! They truly come out perfect. I can't wait for you to see for yourself!
🥔 Ingredients Needed
- Olive oil.
- That's all!
🔪 How-to Make
You simply scrub potatoes, rub with oil, sprinkle with salt, air fry, then dig into perfectly scrumptious Air Fryer Baked Potatoes!
💭 Helpful Tips, Tricks and FAQ
Can I use a different potato?
Yes! You most certainly can. I find golden and red potatoes to cook in just about the same time, however, their flavor and consistency will not quite be the same as a russet.
Will this recipe work for just one potato or more than three?
Yes. The cook time is the same regardless of how many potatoes you air fry. Just try not to crowd them too much for best results.
Can I use a different oil?
Yes. I much prefer the flavor of olive oil in the skin of the potatoes, but avocado or grapeseed oil work well, too.
Can I omit the oil?
Yep! If you are oil-free, you can omit the oil and still end up with perfectly fluffy potatoes!
🍽 How-to Serve
Some butter or plant-based butter is always a must.
Diced green onions or chives always a good dash of vibrant flavor.
I also love to top my baked potato off with a good salsa or some chili.
And last, whether it's the dairy or the dairy-free variety, shredded cheese is always a hit!
♨️ How-to Store and Reheat
Like most baked potatoes, these taste best fresh from the air fryer, but you can wrap fully cooled air fried potatoes in aluminum foil and store in the fridge for up to 3 days. Simply reheat in a 350°F Air Fryer or regular oven until warmed throughout (with foil on!).
🍳 More Air Fryer Recipes
Air Fryer Baked Potatoes
- 3 russet potatoes
- olive oil
- sea salt
- Preheat air fryer to 400°F.
- Prepare potatoes by rinsing and scrubbing them under cool water. Using a fork, prick small holes into each potato 3-4 times.
- Drizzle a little olive oil over the potatoes or your hands, then rub into the potatoes thoroughly. Sprinkle each potato with salt.
- Place the potatoes into the air fryer basket or tray. Air fry for 40 minutes or until potatoes are tender and a fork passes through each easily.
- Slice open, top as you would like and enjoy!
- See: What to Serve with Baked Potatoes!
- You might also like 35 Plant Based Air Fryer Recipes.
- This pairs well with Air Fryer Green Beans!
For leftover baked potatoes, I always use the skins, sprinkle with a little sharp grated cheese, green onions, lightly salt and pepper, put under broiler until cheese is melted. Serve with yogurt or sour cream or whatever! Love those potato,skins!
Can I bake them in actifry