Air Fryer Tater Tots
These Air Fryer Tater Tots are a quick and easy way to make a delicious meal, side dish, or snack. Frozen potato bits become brown and crispy in minutes and there are so many ways to serve these delicious nuggets of goodness! It takes about 15 minutes for frozen tater tots to get crispy in the air fryer. This is assuming you are cooking them from frozen. You can always adjust the time depending on how you like your tots. Some people like them a little soft and some people like them really brown and crispy. If you have tater tots that aren't frozen, only cook them for 4 minutes on each side and check after 8 minutes to see if they need any more time.
Air Fryer Tater Tots Baked Potato Style!
Tater tots in air fryer after cooking.
Air Fryer Tater Tots with a fried egg on top.
Air Fryer Tater Tots
- 1 bag Frozen Tater Tots
- non-stick spray
Toppings for Baked Potato Tots
- cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- cup sour cream
- 2 strips bacon, cooked and chopped
- 1 tbsp green onions, chopped
- ranch dressing (optional)
Air Fry the Tater Tots
- Preheat the air fryer at 400 for 3 minutes or according to instructions for your air fryer. Once preheated, spray the basket with non-stick spray and place the frozen tater tots in the basket (don't overcrowd the basket to ensure the tots are cooked on all sides). Spray the top of the tots with the non-stick spray as well.
- Cook the tots for 5 minutes at 400 . Flip all of the tots over, spray the other side with non-stick spray and cook for another 5 minutes. Flip one more time and cook for an additional 5 minutes until the tots are nice and brown and crispy. Sprinkle right away with salt so that it sticks as they cool.
Baked Potato Tater Tots
- Place a single layer of tots in an oven-safe dish. Sprinkle the top with cheese. Add another layer of tots and sprinkle the top with more cheese.
- Place the oven-safe dish under the broiler in the oven for 2-3 minutes until the cheese has melted. Remove the dish from the oven.
- Top the cheesy tots with sour cream, bacon pieces, and green onion. Serve and dip in ranch if you want an extra tangy flavor. Enjoy!
- Always read the instruction manual that came with your Air Fryer and follow all safety guidelines.