Pumpkin Pie Spiced Granola
Every bite of this Pumpkin Pie Spiced Granola is infused with all the cozy flavors of fall… Warm and spicy with a little kick from ginger!
Its officially Fall and everything is Pumpkin Pie Spiced…I’m not fond of the craze but I do appreciate all the cozy feels it invokes. This granola has all the same cozy feels 🙂
Mise En Place
Before we start making this Pumpkin Pie Spiced Granola, let’s get everything together.
- Large bowl
- Sheet pan
- Heat proof spatula
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Storage container
- Old Fashioned Oats; also known as rolled oats. These are whole oats that have been rolled to flatten them.
- Pecans; a nut with a buttery flavor, used particularly in sweet desserts.
- Chia Seeds; small, black seeds that are highly nutritious and super absorbent when soaked in liquid.
- Pumpkin Pie Spice; spice mix with all the usual pumpkin pie spices. Cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, cloves and allspice.
- Unsalted Butter; always opt for unsalted when baking so you can control the salt in the final dish.
- Maple Syrup; syrup made from the sap of maple trees. Pairs really well with pumpkin pie spice.
- Vanilla Extract; essential ingredient in almost all baked goods.
- Raisins; dried grapes and are perfectly sweet. There are a lot of varieties but the common American type is the seedless Thompson.
- Crystalized Ginger; ginger that has been coated in sugar and dried out.
Lets make Pumpkin Pie Spiced Granola!
Whoever put all the pumpkin pie spices into one bottle is a genius! Granola is super simple to make and with the one and done pumpkin spice mix, its even easier.
The basic formula to granola is oats, a sweetener, oil and or butter, nuts, maybe seeds and dried fruit. The sweetener and oil/butter should be equal parts. Check out this awesome read by The Kitchn, on how to make basic granola.
Making granola is kinda like making a cake. Well at least in the beginning. First mix all the dry ingredients – oats, pecans, chia, salt and pumpkin pie spice. Fold in the wet – butter, maple syrup and vanilla. Mix well. Next up bake it low and slow. 300F for 30 minutes, stirring half way through. Final step is stirring in the raisins and ginger after it bakes. Let it cool and break it apart. Eat it with yogurt or guild the Lilly and top it on overnight oats.
Store in an air tight container for up to 2 months.
Not making it today? Prep it.
Ok so there’s not much opportunity for that much prep. But like always, there’s always sumthin we can do.
- Chop the crystallized ginger ahead of time and store.
- Measure out all the dry ingredients and store it together.
Pumpkin Pie Spiced Granola
- 4 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp pumpkin pie spice
- Dash of kosher salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted melted butter
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup crystallized ginger
- Preheat your oven to 300F
- To a large bowl , add the oats, chopped pecans, chia seeds, pumpkin pie spice and salt.
- Add the melted butter, maple syrup, and vanilla. Transfer the granola to a sheet pan and spread it out so its all even and in one layer.
- Bake for 15 minutes, take it out and stir it, level it out again and put it back in the oven, bake for 15 more minutes.
- Take the granola out the oven, add the raisins and crystallized ginger. mix it in and let the granola cool before eating.
- Transfer to an airtight container and store in a cool dry place.. it'll keep for a few weeks and up to 2 months