Mediterranean Chicken Platter
I made this Mediterranean Chicken Platter the other night when I was trying to decide what to make for dinner. I had some leftover chicken from the night before that I knew I wanted to use up, so I started with that as my base.
As it is still summertime here I was craving something super fresh and crunchy but also hearty. I was looking through my fridge and I spotted a few lemons and fresh parsley. I immediately was inspired to make a chicken platter with a fresh lemony dressing drizzled over it (similar to a Fattoush salad).
This dish came together beautifully and the flavors could not have been paired better. This platter has it all! Every bite is packed full of fresh flavor, crunch and will leave you feeling completely satisfied.
If you are looking for a quick and healthy meal to use up some leftovers why not give this a try!
Sometimes the best meals are the ones you don’t plan out, and then suprise you in the end. My whole family enjoyed this dish and I will definitely be adding it to our meal rotation.
To make this platter a little heartier (and more appealing to my little ones) I decided to cook up some rice to add to it. Before adding in the rice, I added 2tbsp fresh minced parsley, 1 minced garlic clove, 2tbsp of butter and the juice of 1/2 a lemon to the water. Cook the rice accordingly.
While the rice is cooking you can go ahead and whisk up the dressing. I used the juice and zest of 1/2 a lemon, 1/3 cup olive oil, 1/4 cup fresh minced parsley, 1 clove minced garlic and salt and pepper to taste.
At this time it’s also a good idea to prep the remaining ingredients. Chop up the chicken and if you are using leftovers I also recommend warming it up.
Wash and chop the veggies. I used tomatoes, red onion, cucumber and radishes. I highly recommend this pairing but you can substitute or omit as you like.
For an added crunch I added a handful of baked pita chips to the platter. You could also serve this with fresh pita bread.
I arranged all of the components onto a plate, added a scoop of hummus and drizzled the dressing over everything.
This turned out so yummy, and I love how every bite is different depending on what you pick up.
Mediterranean Chicken Platter
- Juice and Zest of 1/2 a lemon
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 clove minced garlic
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup rice
- 2 cups water
- 2 tbsp fresh minced parsley
- 2 tbsp butter
- juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 1/2 a cucumber
- 1 tomato
- 4 radishes
- 1/4 red onion
- leftover cooked chicken
- prepared hummus
- baked pita chips
For the rice
- Add two cups of water to a medium size saucepan.
- Add in 2tbsp fresh minced parsley, 1 minced garlic clove, 2tbsp of butter and the juice of 1/2 a lemon to the water.
- Add in 1 cup of rice and cook according to the directions on the package.
Assembling the Platter
- When the rice is cooking whisk up the ingredients for the dressing.
- Wash and chop the veggies.
- Cut the chicken into bite size pieces and warm up if using leftovers.
- Once the rice is done cooking you can go ahead and assemble all of the components onto a plate.
- Drizzle everything with the dressing and top with a handful of baked pita chips.
- You will likely have leftover rice, this can be stored in the fridge for a few days and used again.
- The recipe will make 2 large portions or 3-4 smaller ones. Double the recipe for the dressing and add in more veggies to make a larger quantity.
Share your thoughts, or ask a question!