Korean Bbq Chicken
This dish is an absolute flavour explosion and I can’t wait too tell you the recipe!
Korean bbq chicken, with crunchy Asian coleslaw, crispy kale, some fresh avocado and served on a bed of nutty brown rice.
This dish has everything you need for a healthy dinner, including all of the different food groups and nutrients your body needs.
The marinade on this chicken is sticky and spicy and delicious. Simply marinade the chicken in the sauce for at least 30 minutes, but the longer you leave it the better!
I served this tangy chicken with some fresh and crunchy Asian slaw. The gingery citrus slaw breaks down the sticky soy chicken and pairs perfectly with the nutty brown rice. Wanting to get a little extra vegetables on the dish I also added some oven roasted crispy kale and fresh avocado.
Let me know what you think of this dish because it’s an absolute winner for me. Winner winner chicken dinner!
If you’d like to see more of my delish and nutritious dinners then please check out food blog page on Instagram @the.last.bite.food.blog.page
Korean Bbq Chicken
- 2 chicken breasts
- marinade in… (1 tsp garlic salt, 1 tsp powdered ginger, 1/2 tsp salt, 1 tsp pepper, 1 tbsp sweet soy sauce 1 tsp sriracha chilli sweet and sour hot Thai seasoning) you can also swap the final seasoning for 1 tsp of gochujang paste instead, whichever you can find in shops around
- For the slaw
- 1/4 cabbage
- 1 large carrot
- 2 spring onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 cm cubed piece of ginger
- 1/2 lime squeezed
- 1/2 chilli
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 2 tsp mayonnaise
- salt and pepper
- 2 handfuls of kale (salt pepper olive oil)
- 1/2 avocado
- brown rice
- Place all ingredients for your marinade in a bowl and add the chicken. Cover evenly with the sauce and allow to marinade for at least 30 minutes (longer the better)
- To prepare the coleslaw..
- In a bowl add the oil, vinegar, lime squeezed, sesame seeds, salt and pepper, maple syrup.
- Now using a mandolin, carefully slice your cabbage and carrots in the thin slices and add to your bowl.
- Now thinly slice your spring onions diagonally and add to the mix.
- Next peel and grate your garlic and ginger and add into the bowl.
- Finally finely cut your chilli and add along with your mayonnaise and mix all ingredients together. Taste to check for salt and spice level of your preference. If you would like it a little more spicy then simple add the other half of the chilli.
- Heat your oven to 175c. Cook your rice according to the instructions on the packet usually 25minutes for brown rice.
- Now heat up a large frying pan with some oil, and when hot add your chicken. Cook the chicken for approx 3 minutes on each side until it is seared and turned dark and crispy looking. In an oven safe pan, put the chicken into the oven and allow to cook through properly, for approx 20 minutes. This should time perfectly with your rice.
- Add your kale to an ovenproof dish, sprinkle some salt pepper and olive oil on top and bake in the oven for approx 7minutes.
- Chop your avocado in half and peel. Then cut into half again. Take each half and cut lines equally into each half from left to right leaving a small section at the top untouched. Press down on the avocado allowing it to fan.
- Take your chicken out the oven and slice diagonally across the breast. Assemble your dish by spooning on some rice, coleslaw, add some crispy kale and then place your chicken on top. Finish with your fanned avocado and a sprinkle of sesame seeds.
- and ENJOY!
- Allow your chicken to marinade for at least 30 minutes, the longer the better.
- The coleslaw has a little kick, if you would like it to be more spicy then simple add some more chilli.