This Citrus BBQ Chicken Wings dish is made with chicken wings, olive oil, lemons, Worcestershire sauce, marmalade, and horseradish.
Citrus BBQ Chicken Wings
If you are looking to grill and have been craving chicken wings like me, then I would totally make these wings! Most people buy Franks hot sauce for chicken wings, but I STRONGLY encourage you to try making this sauce. There is nothing better than Rao's Citrus Barbecue Sauce. It's ABSOLUTELY phenomenal!
How to make Citrus BBQ Chicken Wings
Preheat the grill to 350 F.
In a medium bowl, combine the ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, citrus marmalade, minced garlic, lemon juice, horseradish and red pepper flakes.
Pat the wings dry. Add the chicken wings into a pan and with a cooking brush, brush olive oil on both sides of each wing. Add salt and pepper to your liking.
Once the grill is hot, place the wings on the grill spread out. Grill, flipping the wings every 5 minutes, for a total of 20 minutes, until no longer pink and golden brown.
During the last two flips, with a basting brush, brush the citrus barbecue sauce all over the wings.
Place on a plate and squeeze half a lemon on it. Serve and enjoy.
- KUNG PAO CHICKEN
- CHICKEN IN ARRABIATA SAUCE
- BROILED LEMON CHICKEN THIGHS
Citrus BBQ Chicken Wings
- 10 Chicken Wings
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- Half a lemon
- Salt and Pepper as needed
Citrus Barbecue Sauce
- 1 cup of ketchup
- 2 tablespoons of Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon of citrus marmalade
- 2 tablespoons of minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon of horseradish
- 1 teaspoon hot red pepper flakes
- Preheat the grill to 350 F.
- In a medium bowl, combine the ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, citrus marmalade, minced garlic, lemon juice, horseradish and red pepper flakes.
- Add the chicken wings into a pan or a big plate and with a cooking brush, brush olive oil on both sides of each wing. Add salt and pepper to your liking on each side as well.
- The total cooking time will be 25 minutes on the grill if you would like a nice char on the chicken wings. Place the wings on the grill for 10 minutes and close the grill. Open the grill and flip the wings to the other side for another 10 minutes and close the grill. For the last 5-10 minutes, keep the grill open and you will brush the sauce on each wing, flip and repeat on the other side. Repeat about 4 times over and over for maximum flavor!
- Place on a plate and squeeze half a lemon on it. Serve and enjoy.
- Leave the grill open and grill for extra time if you want your chicken to be more charred.