Though this recipe has a spring feel to it, make no mistake, this can be a year round recipe. Well except for winter, winter just sucks for some foods. Yum Tuna is very light and healthy. The sauce you put on it doesn’t overpower you in the slightest and if anything you’ll be wanting more sauce.
This recipe was one of my favorites back in Memphis. There’s a restaurant in Memphis called Bahn Thai that inspired this Yum Tuna. Though this isn’t their exact recipe, its the best I could do from my memory since I haven’t been there in many years. My next visit to Memphis I do hope to go back and try this again. If I can get that recipe down, that’ll be an exciting day.
Val and I love writing recipes on here. We’re not doing this to make money or anything, we’re doing this to help us continue to stay in the kitchen and push ourselves. We’re pretty good cooks in our own right, but we’re pushing ourselves to get better. If I can get this recipe down, we’ll be able to log it in here and share it with everyone. From time to time we will change our recipes whenever we make them better. We try to repost them or change up the images so people will know we’ve improved it, so be on the lookout.
This Yum Tuna recipe doesn’t have anything crazy to it, just fresh fruits and ingredients. If you want you can add a little spice to it by adding gochujang or sriracha to the tuna, but it’s so light and flavorful you could even add it to a salad. We hope that you have a great summer and everything gets better with the pandemic. If this recipe does nothing else other than put a smile on your face then we’ve done a good job. As always, we hope you enjoy and from our kitchen to yours, cheers!
Yum Tuna Sauce
- 3 limes juiced
- 1 lemon juiced
- 2 oranges juiced
- 4 tbsp lemon grass diced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2 cups rice
- 2 tuna steaks
- 1 cucumber diced
- 2 cups beef broth for rice
- 2 cups water for rice
- Add all ingredients into a blender and blend
- Set aside for later
- Salt and pepper both sides of tuna for seasoning
- Add Water, Broth, and Rice into a pot and cook for allotted amount of time covered (20 minutes or until rice is tender)
- Heat olive oil in a pan over medium-high heat
- Add tuna steaks to pan and let cook for 3-4 minutes on each side
- Once tuna steaks are golden brown on outside and still pink on inside, remove from pan and set aside
- Place cucumbers on a plate and tuna steak on top
- Add sauce to steaks and continue to coat until cucumbers and tuna are covered completely and sauce is around dish
- Add rice to dish to start absorbing sauce and enjoy