Chana Dal Laddu
Traditional chana dal laddu (Indian Sweets) are made with dal Flour, powdered sugar and ghee. Combined all together to form delicious laddu. These dal based laddu are very very tasty and healthy too. So recently here in India we have celebrated Diwali Festival and I made chana dal laddu for my family & friends. These laddu are soft, delicious and melt in the mouth. Once festive season are round the corner, my entire family members including my Granny get too excited to prepare Savory and sweets dishes at home. This truly became a ritual which our family follows.
Laddu is a popular sweet from the North Indian cuisine and often made during celebrations & festivals. I made these soft, tender and tasty homemade laddu recipe from scratch. Indian cuisine has a variety of laddu recipes made with different unique ingredients and cooking methods. Generally the laddu that you get in sweets store are colourful. Here I have used turmeric powder as a natural coloring agent . You can use saffron or any food colours.
Usually all Indian will agree on this, let it be any Indian festivals like Diwali, Raksha Bandhan, Ganesh Chaturthi, or celebrations like weddings, engagement, birthdays and also for religious pooja ceremonies we make a lots of sweets for our guests and relatives.
It's a true fact that, the homemade laddu are more good in terms of taste, texture, flavour & quality than the sweets stores. I hope you enjoy making them and eating them.
Let's check out the Ingredients & recipe to make this Chana Dal Laddu. If you like the recipe then please comment below, I would love to read your thoughts!!!!
Chana Dal Laddu
- Chana dal - 1 & 1/2cup
- Ghee/clarified butter - 5 tbsp
- Sugar - 1 Cup
- Water 1/2 cup
- Melon seeds - 1 tsp
- Green cardamom powder -1/4 tsp
- Turmeric powder a pinch for colour (optional)
- Wash and soak chana dal for 3 to 4 hours. Once nicely soaked, grind the dal without water.
- Heat ghee in a pan and add grounded dal & stir it continuously for 10 minutes till it turns golden brown and aromatic.
- Heat sugar and water in a pan, keep it medium flame for 8-10 mins.
- When its get stick it means syrup is ready. Add a pinch of turmeric powder for bright yellow Ladoo.
- Now add roasted chana dal, cardamom powder in it and mix well.
- Add melon seeds & mix it well.
- Once cooled,shape it like ladoo.Garnish with some pistachios.
- Here I have used turmeric powder as a natural coloring agent . You can use saffron or any food colours.
- Roast grounded dal well untill raw smell goes completely.
- I have use less sugar, you can add according to your preference.
- You can use almonds cashew and raisin as well.