Mini Lime Cheesecakes
I love cheesecake. Everybody loves cheesecake, I think?
And there are so many varieties for it. A few months ago I made Oreo-cheesecake and it was deliciouuuus. Triple cheesecake was another creation I tried out and approved! This time we wanted something lighter and more bite-sized. So this recipe called for a key-lime as a main ingredient. And although I checked three different places, I couldn’t find one and I had to settle for normal limes. I have never had key-limes but it worked just fine with normal limes. So please have a look at the recipe and maybe even try it out! Let me know what you think!
I found the recipe myself @foodtasia. So thank you for that!!
Mini Lime Cheesecakes
For the crust
- 150g graham crackers (1 1/4 cups)
- 35g granulated sugar (3 tbsp)
- 60g butter (4 1/2 tbsp)
For the cheesecake filling
- 450g cream cheese (room temperature) (16 ounces)
- 130g granulated sugar (2/3 cup)
- 60g sour cream (1/4 cup)
- 70g fresh lime juice (4 1/2 tbsp)
- 1 tablespoon lime zest finely grated
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 large eggs room temperature
For the whipping cream on top
- 250ml cream (1 cup)
- 20g sugar (3 tbsp)
- touch of salt
- freshly grated lime zest
- Heat up the oven to 180 Celsius degrees (350 Fahrenheit) and prepare a muffin pan with cupcake liners.
- Put the crackers into a food processor and add meldet butter and sugar. Cover the bottom of the cupcake liners with this mixture and press down firmly with a glass or a spoon.
- Put into the oven for 5 min and set aside to let cool. Keep the oven temperature at 180 degrees.
- Combine the cream cheese with sugar until smooth.
- Add lime juice and zest, sour cream and vanilla until fully combined.
- Finally, add the eggs, one at a time and combine at low speed.
- Fill the cupcake liners evenly with cheesecake filling and put into the oven for approx 20 min. Have an eye on it and make sure the top does not crack.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for an hour. Then refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
- After that you can take them out of the cupcake liners and start decorating them with whipped cream.
- For the whipped cream, combine all three ingredients until stiff and decorate the cupcakes with it. Add lemon zest and a lime as decoration on top of the whipped cream.
- Keep refrigerated until served.
- Use all ingredients at room temperature.
- Don't over mix the cheesecake filling.
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!
Published November 17th, 2020 3:41 AM
Share your thoughts, or ask a question!
Load more comments
4 of 14 comments
How much time should the cheese cake be in the oven at 180 degrees?
I would love to make these but something is missing...for how long do you bake the cheesecakes in the oven?