No-Bake Lime Cheesecake Fluff
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links.
Perfectly sweet and tart Lime Cheesecake Fluff is ready in just 15 minutes. Creamy, mousse-like cheesecake is served with whipped cream and graham cracker crumbs. It's all the satisfaction of cheesecake without the oven and all the hassle, making this a perfect summertime dessert!
Find this recipe and more on my blog HERE: https://sugarylogic.com/lime-cheesecake-fluff/
A quick-fix no-bake cheesecake that you can eat with a spoon, is it possible? Oh yes, it is more than possible. Say hello to cheesecake fluff. This lime cheesecake fluff melts in the mouth. Like my Strawberry Cheesecake Fluff, it has a silky, mousse-like texture with a perfectly balanced sweet and tart flavor.
It starts with homemade Whipped Cream and a lime cheesecake filling made with sweetened condensed milk. They blend together into something magical. It is perfectly creamy, sweet, and tart.
There is no oven time required for this creamy no-bake summertime treat. Serve lime cheesecake fluff with graham cracker crumbs and additional whipped cream for the ultimate cheesecake experience.
- Heavy Whipping Cream
- Powdered Sugar (sifted)
- Pure Vanilla Extract
- Cream Cheese (softened)
- Sweetened Condensed Milk
- Lime Juice
- Lime Zest
- Graham Cracker Crumbs
See the recipe card for ingredient quantities.
MAKE WHIPPED CREAM - Whip the heavy cream until soft peaks. Add ¼ cup powdered sugar and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, and whip until stiff peaks form. Place the whipped cream in a separate bowl and place it into the fridge until needed.
MAKE LIME-CREAM CHEESE MIXTURE - Whisk together the sweetened condensed milk, lime juice, and remaining vanilla extract until well incorporated. In the same bowl used to make the whipped cream (no need to rinse), whip the cream cheese and the remaining ¼ cup powdered sugar until soft and fluffy.
COMBINE - Pour the lime-infused sweetened condensed milk and lime zest into the cream cheese and whip until fluffy and well incorporated. With a spatula, carefully fold ¾ of the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture.
TIP: For the best flavor, cover the bowl with plastic wrap and allow the cream cheese fluff to set in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
SERVE - Serve with graham cracker crumbs and remaining whipped cream.
- Lime - Lemon, key-lime (when in season), orange
- Graham Cracker - Oreo cookie crumbs, crumbled vanilla wafers
- Whipped Cream - Cool whip
- Lemon Cheesecake Fluff - Swap lemon juice and zest for the lime.
- Gluten-Free - Use a gluten-free cookie alternative for graham crackers.
- Keto - Use powdered monk fruit sweetener in place of the powdered sugar and omit the graham cracker crumbs.
- Make a Pie - Scoop into one 9-inch or four mini graham cracker pie shells. Chill to set. Top with whipped cream (you may need to make another half batch).
Check out my Strawberry Cheesecake Fluff variation of this recipe.
- KitchenAid Artisan Series 5-Qt. Stand Mixer with Pouring Shield
- Rubber Spatula
- 8oz Glass Jars
- Disposable Piping Bags
You can store lime cheesecake fluff for up to 3 days in the refrigerator. Be sure to store it in an airtight container and wait to garnish with whipped cream until service.
Can you freeze cheesecake fluff? Yes, but the texture will be different. It will be more like ice cream than mousse, but still equally delicious. Freeze for up to 2 months.
- Use softened cream cheese. Pull your cream cheese out of the fridge and set it on the counter for about 45-60 minutes before using. **The maximum time cream cheese can safely be outside of the fridge is 2 hours.
- Keep your heavy cream cold. For the most successful whipped cream, use a chilled bowl and chilled cream.
- Keep an eye on the whipping cream. Cream whips up fast, so keep a close eye while beating. Over-whipped cream quickly turns into butter.
- Do not deflate the whipped cream. Gently fold the mixture together to preserve a fluffy texture.
- Sift the powdered sugar. Powdered sugar has the tendency to clump up. To avoid clumps of sugar in your cheesecake fluff, sift the sugar prior to adding it in to the other ingredients.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do you need to chill cheesecake fluff before eating?No, you can enjoy the fluff immediately after making it. For the best flavor, however, chill for at least 2 hours before serving.
Why is my cheesecake fluff lumpy?Your cream cheese was not soft enough. Be sure to leave the cream cheese out for at least 45 minutes to soften. Whip until nice and smooth before adding the sweetened condensed milk mixture.
No-Bake Lime Cheesecake Fluff
- 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream chilled
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar sifted
- 2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 8 oz cream cheese softened at room temperature
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 tablespoon lime zest
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- Using a mixer, whip the heavy cream until soft peaks. Add ¼ cup powdered sugar and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, and whip until stiff peaks form. Transfer it to a separate bowl and place it into the fridge until needed.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the sweetened condensed milk, lime juice, and remaining teaspoon of vanilla extract until well incorporated.
- In the same bowl (no need to rinse), whip the cream cheese and the remaining ¼ cup of powdered sugar until soft and fluffy.
- Add the lime-infused sweetened condensed milk and lime zest into the cream cheese and whip until fluffy and incorporated.
- With a spatula, carefully fold ¾ of the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture.
- Serve immediately or chill until ready to eat. Serve with graham cracker crumbs and the remaining whipped cream.
- TIP: For the best flavor, cover the bowl with plastic wrap and allow the cream cheese fluff to set in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- STORE: Store lime cheesecake fluff for up to 3 days in the refrigerator. Be sure to store it in an airtight container and wait to garnish with whipped cream until service.
- FREEZE: Freeze for up to 2 months. The texture will be different. It will be more like ice cream than mousse, but still equally delicious.