Chanukah Hot Cocoa Board
Hot Cocoa Boards have been super popular on Pinterest this season and I was so inspired but the talented Rebekah Lowin who created a beautiful Chanukah Candy Board, I just had to put the two trends together!Gather some mugs with hot milk and some whipped cream, of course, and have the coziest night-in by the candle light this Chanukah!
What is a hot cocoa board?Boards are having a moment, wouldn’t you say? Some boards you may have seen in the last couple of years:Charcuterie Boards, cheese boards, bagel and lox boards, candy boards, breakfast boards, falafel boards, salad boards… (ok I might be making some of these up as I go along, but bear with me, these are some great ideas) and most recently Hot Cocoa boards!Basically everything you need to make hot cocoa is arranged beautifully on a board for a stunning display and easy, fun creating!Chanukah Hot ChocolateI added a Chanukah twist to my hot cocoa board because there is nothing more cozy than sitting around the Chanukah candlelight with the family and enjoying a hot chocolate made with chocolate coins!
What products do you need to create this board?Below I list all the (Israeli) products I used to create my Chanukah Hot Cocoa Board. BUT – you don’t need to use these specific ingredients, feel free to follow these basic guidelines for creating your own hot chocolate board:Guidlines for Hot Chocolate Board
- Chocolate: I used Chanukah gelt (chocolate coins) in milk chocolate
- White Chocolate: I used white “mekupelet” or flaky chocolate
- Chocolate Truffles: I used milk chocolate truffles wrapped in metallic blue wrappers
- Chocolate Syrup: I used Hershey’s chocolate syrup
- Marshmallows: I used mini white and blue marshmallows
- Cookies/Sticks: I used “elite” brand chocolate covered sticks, “maklot” in Hebrew, the regular ones and the “kif-kef” ones and vanilla wafer rolls
- Chocolate covered pretzels: I used white chocolate “ego” brand
- Meringue Kisses: I used blue neshikot
- Chocolate lentils: I used gold covered chocolate lentils
- Gather all your products, a large round or rectangular board and some small bowls.
- First decide which items you want to serve in bowls depending on their sizes. Fill those and place them on your board.
- Next start with one item, and place it anywhere on the board.
- Move around the board and continue adding the items as you see fit. Try and alternate colors, shapes and sizes of the items so that there is variety.
- Feel free to place one item more then once (in this photo I have the chocolate coins in two spots) to break it up.
Chanukah Hot Cocoa Board
- Mini Marshmallows
- Chocolate coins
- Chocolate covered pretzels
- Hot Cocoa
- Chocolate Sauce
- Whipped cream
- Gather all your supplies, a large round board and some small bowls.
- Place some of the ingredients into the small bowls, such as the mini marshmallows and chocolate sauce.
- Arrange all the ingredients and small bowls onto the board.
- Try and arrange according to color and size of item.
- To make the hot cocoa, just mix warm milk and hot cocoa mix in a mug and then top with all your favorite toppings!
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!
Published September 30th, 2021 3:46 PM