Creamy Dreamy Cauliflower Alfredo Sauce (Vegan and Nut-free)
A creamy and dreamy Vegan Cauliflower Alfredo Sauce that’s perfect to top a pasta, pizza or even just eat out of the bowl! With no cashews or dairy and only a dollop of oil, this is the perfect fat-free skinny Alfredo.
Guys! Vegan or not, you are going to LOVE this pasta sauce! It is by far the best I’ve ever had. My sister tried it out too and she was impressed!
This recipe came out of a redo of an old version from 6 months ago that never made it online. I wanted to redo the shoot because those pics don’t cut it anymore, so I took the opportunity to also play with the recipe and oh boy am I happy I did?!
I don’t even have the words to describe how good it was.
And what made me even happier was that I ended up with enough sauce for 4 meals instead of 3!
I might just use this for healthy Alfredo or white sauce pizza next!
- 3 Servings
- Prep time: 5 Minutes|Cook time: 20 Minutes|Total time: 25 Minutes
- Bring 4 cups water to a boil in pot, add cauliflower and boil until tender and easily pierced with a fork, about 10 minutes. Drain and let sit 5-7 minutes to cool.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium and fry garlic for about 1-2 minutes until soft and fragrant. Do not let burn.
- Transfer cauliflower, garlic, almond milk, broth, nutritional yeast, onion powder, salt and pepper to a blender (or food processor) and blend until smooth, about 30 seconds.
- Add a tablespoon of broth if sauce is too thick.
Serve as pasta:
- Bring 8 cups water to a boil in pot, add pasta, and cook for about 10 minutes (according to package instructions).
- Add sauce, stir to coat well and season with more salt and pepper if needed.
- Garnish with minced parsley and serve hot!
- Be sure to use unsweetened and unflavored milk.
- To replace nutritional yeast, use 2 Tbsp Parmesan cheese (non-Vegan version).
- Sauce can be made up to 1-2 days in advance and stored in the refrigerator.
- Makes 1½ cups sauce.
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!Go