Vegan Beet Salad With Feta (all Plant Based Ingredients)
Soft and sweet beetroot combined with fragrant and crunchy pumpkin seeds and salty plant based feta make this everyday vegan beet salad so delicious and exciting.
I never get bored with this salad. The combination of textures is interesting and the flavors just go together perfectly.
Merging sweet and salty flavors is a classic. That’s why combination of feta and beetroot (with addition of sweet corn) tastes so good.
Why we love this Vegan Beet Salad With Feta?
- simple and quick to prepare
- full of super healthy ingredients
- perfect combination of soft beetroot and crunchy seeds
- budget friendly
- 100% plant based
- great work lunch
Ingredients in Vegan Beet Salad With Feta
Super healthy and easy to get ingredients make this salad a perfect choice for your everyday side dish.
Ideally you buy fresh beetroots, peel and roast them in the oven or air-fryer. If they are big, cut them in two or four pieces, wrap tightly in aluminum foil and bake in the oven for 1 hour (180°C / 350°F). 35-45 minutes for an air fryer.
When I’m very busy though, I confess, I buy pre-boiled salad beetroots. I just take them out of the packaging and roughly chop. Time vs. flavor ! Roasted beets always win when it comes to taste, so I choose them for lazy weekend cooking.
Roasted pumpkin seeds are so insanely fragrant and tasty I could add them to almost every dish. They are also crazy healthy with their high content of proteins, phosphorus and magnesium.
Cherry tomatoes are my favorite type of tomatoes for salads. They are easy to chop (just halve them) and do not fall apart while mixing the salad. You can also use small plum tomatoes in this recipe.
Any canned sweet corn will do. I usually buy the one that is sweet, but without addition of sugar or too much salt. Baby corns would be interesting substitute.
PLANT BASED CREAM
Most of the time I use store bought plant based cream (you can find out which one on one of the pictures below), but if you feel like making a homemade version here’s a nice recipe for a Vegan Cream (double and single).
Want more vegan goodness?Sign up for a new recipe newsletter ! HOW TO SERVE VEGAN BEET SALAD WITH FETA
I do this salad very often as a side dish to more hearty meal. It pairs perfectly with boiled potatoes and tofu cutlet for example.
How to make Vegan Beet Salad With Feta
If you haven’t tried roasted beets yet, you’re in for a real treat. After one hour in the oven this normally earthy vegetable becomes sweet and delicate.
In order to prepare your beetroots for baking, clean and peel them first. If they are big cut them in four pieces. Smaller beets just cut in half.
Wrap them all tightly in aluminum foil, so they won’t dry out while roasting. Bake your beetroots in 180°C / 350°F for one hour if using oven, for 45 minutes if using air fryer.
Roast more beets and prepare this delicious Creamy Beet Soup With A Sweet Twist.
If you have very small tomatoes you can keep them whole. Cherry tomatoes I just usually cut in half. Chop spring onions, drain canned sweet corn and add them to the bowl.
WHAT OTHER VEGETABLES TO USE?
If you want to add more veggies to this Vegan Beet Salad with Feta I suggest:
- red bell pepper
- chickpeas (if you want to add more protein)
ROAST PUMPKIN SEEDS
I buy regular pumpkin seeds and roast them in the oven for about 10 minutes (while baking for example this homemade bread). Alternatively you can heat them up on a large pan on a medium heat. When they start smelling amazing and making cracking sounds they are ready.
Keep roasted pumpkin seeds in air tight container and add to salads, soups, stews.
Adding plant based feta as the last ingredient will prevent it from falling apart from too much mixing. Some varieties are softer than others, but it generally is quite delicate ingredient.
I like to use plant based cream in this salad, but good olive oil with balsamic vinegar would work too.
Beets, roasted pumpkin seeds and feta have all quite strong aromas, so I prefer to keep the spices simple in this salad. Salt and pepper are really enough (I use ground pink salt and lemon pepper).
DECORATE AND ENJOY !
No salad is ready without garnish! I love sprinkling something green on top of this one. Alfa alfa or lentil sprouts will be great and healthy addition.
Like salads? Try also:
Vegan Chicken Salad – with Crispy Soy Chicken
Vegan Egg Salad – with one magic ingredient that makes it so real
Vegan Beet Salad With Feta (all Plant Based Ingredients)
- 2 medium baked beetroots (or store bought cooked beets)
- 15 cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 can sweet corn
- 100g / 3.5 oz vegan feta
- 3 spring onions
- 3 heaped tbsp roasted pumpkin seeds
- salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup vegan cream
- handful of sprouts (optional)
- If you are using roasted beets (which is preferable) peel them first and cut in two or four pieces. Wrap them tightly in aluminum foil and bake in 180°C / 350°F for 1hour (oven) or 45 minutes(air fryer). Wait till they cool down a little before chopping,If using pre-boiled salad beetroots just chop them in 1cm / half inch pieces.
- Chop feta into nice cubes, half cherry tomatoes, chop spring onions.
- Add sweet corn and roasted pumpkin seeds. Mix everything well.
- Add plant based cream, salt and pepper. Mix well.
- You can chill your salad in the fridge for 30 minutes, so the flavors combine perfectly. Decorate it with something green like sprouts or chives.
- Because the ingredients in this salad are already very flavorsome I keep the spices simple. Salt and pepper will do very well. Few table spoons of fresh lemon juice would work here well too.
- Check detailed instructions of every step by clicking link below:
Share your thoughts, or ask a question!