I don't know about you, but I need easy quick meals and side dishes. I'm a time-starved person with a very busy life. With that in mind, I created this quick and delicious Caprese salad that not only is a cinch to prepare but looks so pretty as well. In fact, I served it recently to rave reviews. You could easily add some grilled shrimp or chicken and serve it as an entree. I do recommend tossing the dressing about 30 minutes before serving it so that the bocconcini absorbs the dressing. I also recommend adding the chopped basil right before serving so that it isn't wilted.
- 200 g mini bocconcini
- 500g medley of cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- small package of basil leaves, chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp Nonna Pia's balsamic reduction
- a generous drizzle of good quality extra virgin olive oil
- Add all ingredients to a bowl, except basil toss and set aside
- Add the basil right before serving. Mix thoroughly and serve.