We love pasta in our household. In the Summer heat I don't like cooking on the stove so much. This salad requires just the cooking of the pasta. We all love this salad and you can add any veggies you want to this. Also any cheeses. I make mine different every time. So there is no right or wrong way to combine this. My favorite is adding the roasted red peppers and banana pepper rings. They add just a little more zing. You will see the dressing I use but you can easily add your favorite Italian or Greek vinaigrette. This is such a refreshing salad and keeps for several days in the fridge. It is kid and adult approved in our household.
Love combining everything together. It just looks so pretty.
I cook my pasta and add a little of the dressing after I drain it to help it not stick together.
Here are the fresh veggies I used this time. It changes every time.
I also added the banana peppers and roasted red peppers. I cut everything up in mini bite sized pieces. The family doesn't like big chunks of vegetables.
I added shredded parmesan cheese and feta cheese. But you can add any cheeses you like. I have added goat cheese before and that is delicious.
For the pasta
- 1 16 oz Package pasta.
- 1 C cucumbers, chopped fine
- 1 C Tomatoes, chopped fine
- 1/2 red onion, chopped fine
- 1/4 C banana peppers, chopped fine
- 1/4 C Roasted red peppers, chopped
- 1/2 Bottle Italian dressing
- 1/2 C Feta Cheese or cheese of your choice
- Cook your pasta according to directions.
- Drain and add a little of Italian dressing to the pasta and let cool in the refrigerator.
- After it is cooled add all of your veggies and stir to combine.
- You can add more or less of the dressing, combine it to your liking.