Greek Pita Wraps With Chicken
These easy Greek Pita Wraps with Chicken have homemade tzatziki sauce and greek inspired spiced chicken marinade to make a delicious and healthy meal everyone will love. You can use store-bought pita bread or even make your own! Marinade the chicken ahead of time and you can make these Chicken Gyros for dinner in 30 minutes! Everything is made from scratch but so easy to put together you will want to make these Chicken Gyros all the time. Add some delicious garnishes like feta cheese, sliced cucumbers and tomatoes, and some lettuce to complete this meal. The homemade tzatziki sauce makes a delicious dipping sauce or condiment for other meals the next day (if there is any left!).
Homemade Chicken Pita Wrap
Greek Pita Wraps with Chicken and Homemade Tzatziki Sauce
homemade pita bread with greek chicken and fresh vegetable toppings
Greek Pita Wraps With Chicken
- 3-4 medium chicken breasts (about 1 lb)
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed or minced
- ¾ medium cucumber, shredded (save ¼ for toppings)
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. dried dill
- 2-3 medium clove garlic pressed or minced
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- shredded cabbage/iceberg lettuce
- diced tomatoes
- sliced cucumber
- sliced red onion (or use quick-pickled, see notes)
- feta cheese
- Mix all of the marinade ingredients (except chicken) in a mixing bowl. Add the chicken and ensure it is fully coated in marinade Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and marinate for at least an hour in the fridge.
- Grate ¾ of the cucumber with a cheese grater into a small bowl (save the last part of the cucumber for toppings). Squeeze the cucumber with your hands against the side of the bowl to release most of the liquid. Place the grated cucumber on top of a paper towel, wrap in a ball, and squeeze any excess moisture out.
- Place the cucumber in a mixing bowl and add the rest of the tzatziki ingredients. Mix everything together and ensure all of the cucumber pieces are coated.
Cook Chicken and Assemble Gyros
- Heat the skillet over med-high heat. Add the marinated chicken pieces and the marinade to the skillet and cook for 4-5 minutes on each side until fully cooked. Remove the chicken and slice it into strips. Add the chicken back into the skillet to get more of the marinade coated on the chicken pieces, just a minute or two.
- Take a pita bread and place it on a plate. Layer the sliced cucumber, tomato, cabbage/lettuce, and red onion slices first. Then add strips of chicken and top with Tzatziki sauce and feta cheese. Wrap in foil if desired to keep the gyro together while eating. Enjoy!
- HOT TO MAKE QUICK-PICKLED ONIONS
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced (use a mandoline if you have one)
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tablespoon sugar
- 3/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 cup water
- Place the water, salt, sugar, and vinegar into a saucepan and heat over medium heat until the sugar and salt have dissolved. Remove from the heat and pour the mixture into a jar with the sliced onions. Cool at room temp for an hour and then place in the fridge for at least 2 hours before serving.
Share your thoughts, or ask a question!