One of my fav dishes that always reminds me of home.
As all good Israeli recipes, it starts with frying onion.
After a minute, I added a tbs of them and powdered garlic. In the meantime, I chopped 4 garlic cloves.
Once it turns goldish, I add the garlic and a few seconds later,
then I add the meat! and break it into small chunks.
Then I add the spices and stir it non-stop. Literally, non-stop.
Then, I add a can of crushed tomatoes, the sugar and salt.
Continue to stir it, and in the meantime, I make plain rice.
Jasmine rice, with oil in a pot,
Before adding water and closing the lid.
Upon serving, I place the rice and pour the Hagitese on top.
For the Hagitese Stew
- 1 onion
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 tbs tyme
- 1 tbs powdered garlic
- 1 can of crushed tomatoes
- 1 tbs sugar
- 1 tps salt
- Spices (paprika, English black pepper, cumin)
- 500 gr Ground beef
- 1 1/2 cup of Jasmin Rice
- 3 cups of water
- 1 tbs oil
- 1 tbs salt
Make the rice
- Add oil to the pot and heat it up
- Add the rice and stir until all the rice is oily
- Let it heat up
- Add the water and close the lid
- After a few minutes, mix the rice and add the salt
- Close the lid and let it boil for 8 minutes
- Fry chopped onion in a pan
- Once golden, add thyme and powdered onion
- Add chopped garlic
- Add ground beef
- Stir non-stop until brown
- add spices and the can tomatoes
- Add sugar and salt
- Place rice in a bowl
- Add the stew on top
- Serve hot
- If you like it spicy, add Tabasco sauce before the sugar and salt