Air Fryer Turkey Burgers
Juicy and flavorful air fryer turkey burgers that are made without eggs or breadcrumbs. These delicious burgers are great for an easy meal and cook up in less than 15 minutes. These tender patties might just be the best turkey burgers you’ll ever make.
I love a good burger recipe, and I’m all for a big juicy red meat burger, but sometimes it’s nice to change things up a bit and go with turkey burgers. Some turkey burger recipes can be dry, but thanks to the mayonnaise and grated onions in these homemade patties, these air fryer turkey burgers are juicy, delicious, and better than any store bought.
Why use an air fryer? Air frying food is actually quicker than the oven thanks to quick pre-heating and the air circulation method of an air fryer. If you don’t have an air fryer, no problem. There are directions below for cooking on the stove, grill, or in the oven.
And if you don't have an air fryer, no worries, these can be made in the oven, on the stove, or on the grill! Read the full blog post for instructions on those.
And if you wan to try more air fryer recipes, check out my air fryer frozen salmon.
Air Fryer Turkey Burgers
- ▢ 1 lb. ground turkey
- ▢ 1/4 cup grated yellow or white onion (see notes)
- ▢ 1/2 tsp. fine sea salt
- ▢ 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- ▢ 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- ▢ 1 tbsp. mayonnaise
- ▢ 2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Add all ingredients to a mixing bowl and combine with your hands until evenly blended.
- Get your hands slightly wet before forming the patties to prevent sticking. Next, divide meat mixture into 4 equal sizes. Using a quarter of the meat mixture, create a ball in your hands and then place on the prepared baking sheet. Press mixture down into a round patty shape about ½” thick. Using your thumb, place a dent in the middle of the patty (this will prevent the patty from shrinking when cooked). Repeat until all 4 patties are made.
- Place patties in the freezer for a minimum of 20 minutes. This helps them hold their shape so they don't fall apart when transferring them to the air fryer.
- Preheat air fryer to 380 degrees F. Once preheated, gently transfer the turkey patties to the air fryer basket using a spatula.
- Air fry for 12-14 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F. Flip burgers half-way through cooking time. If adding cheese, add once burgers are fully cooked. Turn air fryer off and return burgers to air fryer with cheese to allow cheese to melt (this should take less then 2 minutes).
- Serve with your choice of toppings and enjoy!
- To grate onion, place a box grater on a stack of 2-3 paper towels. Using the largest side, grate the onion until you have ¼ cup. Allow paper towels to soak up moisture from onions (no need to ring the moisture out - a little bit keeps the burgers moist).
- If needing these to be Whole30/Paleo be sure to use Whole30 mayonnaise, such as Primal Kitchen. All other ingredients are Whole30/Paleo approved.
- See blog post for directions on cooking in the oven, on the grill or the stove.
- Leftover turkey burgers can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for 3 days or frozen for up to 3 months.