No-Bake Energy Bites
These energy bites made from peanut butter and whole grain oats are healthy, tasty and convenient! They make an excellent grab-and-go breakfast, pre-workout snack or healthy dessert. Even better? You can make them in just ten minutes. Perfect little energy bites to give you a boost and keep hunger at bay.
*Disclaimer: This article may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
How to make no-bake peanut butter oatmeal balls:
Keep scrolling for the full recipe and measurements! We'll start here with a quick overview!
- Measure 2 cups of whole grain oats into a small mixing bowl.
- Add peanut butter and honey. Mix well.
- Stir in your chopped pecans, chia seeds & chocolate chips (I highly recommend Ghirardelli Dark Chocolate Chips - they are SOOO good).
- If dough is too crumbly add just a little extra peanut butter or a tablespoon of cold water.
- Roll dough into balls and refrigerate or freeze!
More make-ahead breakfast ideas!
Handy tips for this recipe:
- Feel free to get creative with this recipe, lots of different mix-ins go well with whole oats and peanut butter! You can use walnuts, pine nuts, chopped dates, cranberries, white chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, chocolate chunks, agave, flax seeds and so much more!
- If your dough is too crumbly and you're having trouble rolling it into balls, mix in a bit more peanut butter or a tablespoon of cold water. Additional moisture will make the dough more moldable.
- If you have a little extra time, you can press your dough into a parchment paper lined baking sheet and chill for about an hour. Remove dough by pulling parchment paper up out of the dish. Cut into squares to make oatmeal bars!
- A cookie scoop is very helpful for portioning out your peanut butter oatmeal balls. This is the one I use. It's a small, 1 tablespoon sized scoop. It works great and it's affordable!
Let's get started!
No-Bake Energy Bites
Peanut Butter Oatmeal Balls
- 2 cups whole oats
- 2/3 cup peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons honey *or agave
Mix-ins *feel free to get creative here!
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 4 tablespoons chopped pecans
- 4 tablespoons dark chocolate chips *see note below
- *Other mix-in ideas: walnuts, pine nuts, chopped dates, cranberries, white chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, chocolate chunks, flax seeds
- Measure oats into a small bowl. Add peanut butter and honey. Use a spatula to mix until well combined.
- Stir in your desired mix ins! Here I'm using chia seeds, chopped pecans, and dark chocolate chips.
- Form dough into 1 tablespoon sized balls (a cookie scoop is very helpful if you've got one)! If the dough is crumbly, add a bit more peanut butter or a teaspoon of cold water. This should make dough easier to mold.
- Place balls into a Ziploc bag and refrigerate for up to a week (or freeze for up to 3 months)!
- Chocolate chips: I always use Ghirardelli dark chocolate chips - they are SO good. I highly recommend them!