Most important thing in this world is to make your toddler eat veggies....... so this is my way to make by daughter fall in love with veggies. As we all know beetroots are packed with essential nutrients & are a great source of fiber, folate, iron and vitamin C. So I preferred making lots of dishes using beetroot.
These are quite perfect morning breakfast. I make these crispy dosa and preferably I served it hot with some coconut chutney or Sambar.
Make sure that the dosa batter is well rested & check the consistency else the dosa will not be crispy. Dosa tawa must be hot enough before pouring the batter. You will observe small holes while rolling the batter out on hot tawa which indicates perfect texture. If the tawa is not hot enough then you will not find small holes. Serve the hot and crispy dosa immediately with coconut chutney.
Let's check out the Ingredients & recipe to make this delicious crispy beetroot dosa. If you like the recipe then please comment below, I would love to read your thoughts!!!!
- 3 cups of Dosa Rice
- 1 cup Urad Dal
- 1/4 Cup Rice flakes
- 1/8 Tsp Methi seeds
FOR BEETROOT DOSA
- 2 Cup Dosa Batter
- 1/4 Cup beetroot puree
- Salt to taste
- In a big bottom pan add dosa rice, urad dal, rice flakes & methi seeds.
- Then washed it with water until water comes out clean.
- Then add fresh clean water and soaked it for 5 hours.
- After 5 hrs of soaking drained the water.
- Then add it in two batches into the grinding jar and add 1/4 cup water & grind it to fine paste.
- Similarly repeat it for second batch.
- Once batter is ready, cover it with a lid and allow it to ferment for overnight.
FOR BEETROOT DOSA
- After dosa batter is well rested, mix it well so that the batter is semi thick in consistency.
- Add beetroot puree and salt, mix it well.
- Heat dosa tawa on high flame & pour the dosa batter at the center and slowly using the laddle roll out to the outer side to give a round shape.
- You will observe small holes while rolling the batter out on hot tawa, which indicates perfect texture.
- Lower the flame then spread a tsp of oil all over dosa.
- Cook the dosa until it turns golden and crispy in texture.
- Finally, fold the dosa and serve it with coconut chutney or any chutney of your choice.
- The consistency of dosa batter should be semi thick else the dosa will not be crisp.
- You will observe small holes while rolling the batter out on hot tawa, so this indicates perfect texture.
- Finally, beetroot dosa tastes scrumptious when served hot and crispy.
- Serve with any chutney of your choice.