Leveled Up Alfredo
Are you looking for a super quick, delicious and hearty dinner to serve up this week?
This “Leveled up Alfredo” will take your basic weekly Alfredo from bland to fabulous!
With just a few additional ingredients you can really transform a jar of store bought alfredo sauce into a dish your whole family is sure to enjoy!
This is a perfect dish to make on a busy weeknight as you can have it all ready in under 30 minutes. It will satisfy even the hungriest of appetites and you may even end up with some leftovers for next days lunch.
Read below to find out what I like to add in to my Alfredo sauce to take it to the next level.
In a large frying pan begin by browning one pound of mild Italian sausage. You could use spicy as well, but my family prefers it mild. Once the sausage is thoroughly cooked, drain off any of the excess grease.
To the sausage add in 1/2 cup thawed and drained frozen spinach. You can substitute with fresh if you prefer and have that on hand. I find that my kids eat the frozen one better as it is very finely chopped already.
To the sausage and spinach mixture add in two jars of Alfredo sauce and 1/4 cup of milk. Continue to stir until everything is thoroughly heated. Before serving add in 1/4 to 1/2 cup freshly chopped basil.
Pour the sauce over your favorite cooked past and gently toss until evenly combined.
Garnish with some additional fresh basil and enjoy!
Leveled Up Alfredo
- 1 lb ground mild Italian sausage
- 1/2 cup thawed frozen spinach
- 2 jars prepared alfredo sauce (410 ml each)
- 1/4 milk
- 1/2 cup basil
- Cooked pasta of your choice
- Brown 1lb mild Italian sausage over medium high heat.
- Drain excess grease from sausage and reduce heat to medium.
- Add in 1/2 cup thawed frozen spinach and cook for several minutes until heated.
- Stir in two jars of Alfredo sauce and 1/4 cup of milk. Continue to stir until heated throughout.
- Before serving add 1/4 to 1/2 cup of freshly chopped basil to the sauce.
- Pour over your favorite cooked pasta and enjoy!