Not only is pasta my favorite food, it is also my favorite thing to cook! There are so many different ways to spice up your pasta by adding different seasonings, different vegetables, sauces, etc. Want it spicier? Add more red pepper flakes. Want it heartier? Add more meat and cheese. The possibilities are endless because pasta is pretty hard to mess up! This cheesy tortellini is one of my favorites. It is hearty, cheesy, and completely satisfying. Plus, it is still delicious the next day if you have leftovers! This dish is sure to be a hit with the whole family!
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 15 oz can crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- Salt & pepper
- Italian seasoning
- Crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 bag of cheese tortellini
- 1 cup chopped spinach
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup parmesan
- 1/2 cup mozzarella
- In a skillet over medium heat, add the olive oil, onion, and garlic.
- Sauté until softened then add in the ground beef.
- Cook until no longer pink.
- Add in the crushed tomatoes and marinara sauce.
- Season with your heart with salt & pepper, Italian seasoning, basil, crushed red pepper flakes, and paprika.
- Let simmer and cook your tortellini according to instructions on the bag.
- Once the tortellini is done, add it to the sauce along with the chopped spinach, heavy cream, parmesan, and mozzarella.
- Simmer for a few minutes and enjoy!