Teriyaki Glazed Salmon
How many of us are always buying teriyaki sauce and having it stored in the fridge. Some of the store bought sauces we do buy, is loaded with sodium and sugar, if you read the labels. I am guilty of this. But, what many of us don't know is that you may have all or some ingredients to make teriyaki sauce at home to go with your grilled chicken, salmon, fish, etc. This recipe is so simple and easy. Plus you can make it in just minutes! I have added this recipe to my list of meal prep dishes. It is a family favorite, we love our salmon and I love changing up the ways I prepare it, as well as the toppings and sauces .
Its sweet, salty, and slightly spicy! You can adjust the spice and sweet taste, by adding a little more honey or sriracha to your liking!
Teriyaki Sauce Ingredients
Pat dry the salmon with a paper towel.
Season your salmon with salt and pepper right before it goes in the oven.
Teriyaki Salmon served with white rice and roasted broccoli
Teriyaki Glazed Salmon
- 2 pound salmon fillet cut in about 6 pieces
- ⅓ cup low sodium soy sauce
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- ¼ tsp grated ginger
- 2 tsp rice wine vinegar
- 3 tbsp honey or brown sugar
- 3 tsp sriracha
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp water
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Pat and dry salmon fillets and place them on a baking sheet over parchment paper to prevent from sticking. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a small mixing bowl. Whisk together the cornstarch and 1 tsp water. Set aside.
- In a small sauce pot, combine soy sauce, garlic, ginger, rice wine vinegar, honey, sriracha, and 2 tbsp water. Add salt and pepper to taste. Heat the sauce just a little. Add the cornstarch/water slurry to the sauce and simmer until slightly thickened for about 3-5 minutes on very low heat. Set aside or pour in a serving dish.
- Place the salmon in the oven on top rack and bake for about 12-14 minutes.
- Drizzle over salmon and garnish with sliced scallions or green onions.
While in Alaska we had a dinner at Liarsville. We were served the most delicious salmon. I’ve been looking for a recipe ever since. I believe I found it. I’ll let you know if this is the one. My husband will be delighted with this dinner, I’m sure.
I like to cook my salmon in the teriyaki on the stove. Pan cook 2 min a side before adding and cook 2 min a side after.