White Chicken Enchiladas
When you have a house full of hungry kiddos, dinner can't happen quick enough! So, this meal is always a quick go-to at my house... and the kids eat and eat... and eat with no complaints. This is one meal in our house that I can customize for everyone's tastes, and make a double batch almost as easy as making a single! So, I'm so excited to brink you this quick & easy weeknight meal with my family's favorite white chicken enchiladas! They're sure to please the whole family, but don't count on having any for leftovers...unless you make double!
To make these stretch even farther, I often serve these enchiladas with Spanish rice and re-fried beans!
White Chicken Enchiladas
For the Chicken Enchilada Filling
- 1-2 T. olive oil
- 2 lbs. chicken tenderloins
- 1 10oz. can of diced tomatoes with chilies
- Chicken Seasoning to taste - Like Everglades Chicken Seasoning
- 1 1/2 c. of Shredded Mexican Blend Cheese
- 10 large soft flour tortillas
For the White Sour Cream Cheese Sauce
- 3 T. Flour
- 3 T. Butter
- 2 c. Chicken Broth
- 1 c. Sour Cream
- 1 4oz. can of diced green chilies
Chicken Enchilada Filling
- Add olive oil to a large skillet and cook seasoned chicken tenderloins until cooked thoroughly. (I season my chicken with Everglades Chicken Seasoning on both sides. Feel free to use your choice of seasoning.) Remove from pan and cut or shred into small bite-size pieces. NOTE: It may be necessary to add additional olive oil or small amounts of water to the pan as chicken is cooking, to prevent seasonings and/or chicken from sticking and burning to the bottom of the skillet.
- Remove any drippings/residue from pan and then return shredded chicken to reheat. Add 1 can of Rotel diced tomatoes with chilies. Add 1 1/2 c. of shredded Mexican blend cheese. Warm this mixture thoroughly.
Prepare the White Sour Cream Cheese Sauce
- In a skillet, melt butter and add flour. Stir and cook on low for 3-4 minutes, stirring to prevent burning/sticking.
- Slowly add chicken broth and bring to a low simmer, slowly stirring continuously until thick and bubbly. Add green chilies and stir. Remove from heat and let cool for 3-5 minutes.
- Slowly add and stir-in sour cream and return to LOW heat until ready to pour over rolled-up enchiladas.
Prepare the Enchiladas
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Fill each tortilla shell with chicken mixture and roll-up. Place all rolled enchiladas, side-by-side, in a olive-oil sprayed 13x9" baking dish.
- Pour sour cream cheese sauce mixture over the top of the enchiladas. Top with 1/2 cup of shredded Mexican blend cheese.
- Bake in oven for approx. 20 minutes, or until cheese is melted and sauce is bubbly.
- Optional: Top with finely chopped ciliantro and pico de gallo
Published September 15th, 2020 12:29 PM
Share your thoughts, or ask a question!
Load more comments
2 of 3 comments
how do you freeze and reheat these enchiladas?
This looks fabulous! I have fun putting together themed meals on occasion for my bubble group. This will be in the "white or cream" category. Last one was pork, cauliflower, rice, grits, garlic bread and chocolate chip or vanilla ice cream. Love your temptations baking dish. Have several of those pieces myself and they perform really well and wash up nicely. We will enjoy this meal very soon! Thanks for sharing.