Easy White Chocolate Truffles
'Tis the season for sweets and treats! There is nothing like the gift of food, especially when it's something thoughtfully made. These Easy White Chocolate Truffles are destined to become a new holiday tradition.
Whether you're looking for a sweet treat to give friends or the perfect confection to cap off your Herb Butter Roast Turkey dinner, these silky-smooth truffles are ideal. Just be warned, they're addictive!
Not only are Easy White Chocolate Truffles simple enough for anyone one to make, they also only require four ingredients. These silky candy confections are a perfect way to get your kids in the kitchen and introduce them to the fun of cooking, baking, and creating!
- Sweetened Condensed Milk - Thick, luscious, and syrupy, this sweetened milk has had the water removed from it, concentrating both its flavor and texture. This helps prevent the chocolate from becoming hard while also giving the truffles their smooth texture.
- White Chocolate - This is the star of the truffles so use a high-quality white chocolate. White chocolate isn't actually made from cocoa solids but instead is made from cocoa butter.
- Butter - Butter makes everything better including these sumptuous truffles. Melted down with the first two ingredients, it gives them additional richness while also lending to their incredible smooth bite.
- Powdered Sugar - Part of the fun of eating these truffles in the little flecks of powdered sugar that linger. The powdered sugar not only makes these truffles beautiful but also prevents them from being too sticky.
How to Make Easy White Chocolate Truffles
Skip the candy thermometers and tempering of chocolate. With just a simple steps, this festive candy comes together with complete ease. Just be prepared to make extra because they will become an instant favorite.
Time needed: 5 hours.
The hardest part of making these white chocolate truffles is waiting for them to set up!
- WarmPour the sweetened condensed milk into a saucepan over low heat. Allow it to warm through.
- MeltAdd the butter and white chocolate into the pot. Stir until both are completely melted and the mixture has thickened and become silky smooth.
CoolLet the white chocolate mixture cool before allowing it to refrigerate for 2-4 hours, or even overnight.
FormUse a small ice cream scoop to form the white chocolate mixture into little balls. Drop them into the powdered sugar and roll them around until they are fully coated. This is a fun activity to get the kids involved in.
ServeKeep these in a container in the refrigerator until you're ready to serve them. Enjoy!
Powdered sugar is a classic coating for truffles, especially white chocolate truffles. However, you can have fun mixing up what you roll these in. Finely flaked coconut will keep these looking pristine and white. Crushed peppermint will give them a festive flavor and appearance. And for a spin on cookies and cream, finely crushed chocolate sandwich cookies also make a great coating for these.
Substitutions for Easy White Chocolate Truffles
If you don't have white chocolate bars, you can also use white chocolate chips such as Ghirardelli.
- Saucepan - The only active cooking in this recipe is the melting of the sweetened condensed milk, white chocolate, and butter. A small saucepan is perfect for this.
- Small Ice Cream Scoop - Using a small ice cream scoop not only makes it easy to roll your white chocolate truffles but it also allows you to make uniformly sized truffles.
Because of the butter and chocolate in these truffles they need to be kept refrigerated in a covered container until ready to serve. If refrigerated, they will keep for a week.
Top Tip for Easy White Chocolate Truffles
Easy White Chocolate Truffles
- ▢ 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- ▢ 8-10 oz white chocolate, roughly chopped
- ▢ 2 tbsp butter
- ▢ 1 cup powdered sugar
- ▢ Add the sweetened condensed milk to a small saucepan on low heat. Allow to heat through for 5-8 minutes.
- ▢ Add the butter and white chocolate. Continue to stir until they have melted, and the mixture has thickened.
- ▢ Let the white chocolate mixture cool completely. Allow it to refrigerate for 2-4 hours, or overnight.
- ▢ Use a small scoop to form your truffles.
- ▢ Drop each truffle into the powdered sugar and roll, making sure it's completely covered.
- ▢ Keep the truffles stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator until ready to use.