I don't know about you, but I am absolutely obsessed with all things Nutella. So naturally I've tested a lot of variations of Nutella brownies over the years, and while most of them taste fantastic, I found they usually fell short of actual Nutella flavor. When Nutella is baked into a brownie, the flavor gets seriously muted, and you end up with what tastes like a normal chocolate fudge brownie. My solution? Topping the perfect fudge brownies with a hefty portion of delectable Nutella buttercream frosting. This way the Nutella flavor really shines through and it also adds an amazing creamy texture that just melts in your mouth. These are a must-try for Nutella lovers!!
- 4 oz. bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 oz. milk chocolate, chopped
- 6 oz. unsalted butter, cubed
- 3/4 cup Nutella
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/3 cup Nutella
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons whole milk
- pinch salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line an 8x8 baking dish with aluminum foil and spray lightly with non-stick cooking spray.
- Melt the chocolate together in the microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring every 30 seconds, until almost melted. Add butter and microwave another 30 seconds, and stir until completely melted. Stir in Nutella, and let cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs and sugar until frothy and well combined.
- Add the vanilla and salt. Then, slowly incorporate the cooled chocolate mixture. Stir in the flour by hand.
- Bake brownies for approximately 30 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out with a few moist crumbs.
- Make frosting: in a stand mixer with the paddle attachment, cream butter until smooth. Add other ingredients and beat until smooth.
- Let brownies cool completely before frosting and slicing.
- Don't overcook the brownies! It's better to take them out when they are slightly underdone so they remain fudgy after they cool.
- I like using a combination of milk chocolate and bittersweet chocolate for a flavor intensity that compliments the Nutella. But you can substitute all bittersweet, semisweet, or whatever you have on hand.
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!
Published August 5th, 2020 10:55 AM
Share your thoughts, or ask a question!