Pumpkin Praline Pie
It’s always nice when a friend thinks of you. In this particular case, a friend brought me some pumpkin puree recently. I used some of it to make this delicious Pumpkin Praline Pie (video version). Have you ever tasted one? It is easy to make– only a little different from traditional pumpkin pie. It has an extra layer between the crust and the pumpkin. I think you will like it!
You can use a regular pie crust for this pie, but I used a different crust this time– and it tasted great! I think the crust really made this pie special.
I’d love to hear if you make this pie!
Inside your unbaked crust, press the pecan brown sugar mixture.
Bake it as directed in the recipe below. This keeps your crust from getting soggy! Nobody likes soggy crust.
Then pour the pumpkin mixture on top of the pecan bottom and bake it.
Mine was very airy and bubbly (I used whipped cream instead of half and half).
Two layers and it wasn’t hard at all!
This was my first time making this pie and it was so good!
Let me know if you try this Pumpkin Praline Pie!
Here’s the Recipe!
Pumpkin Praline Pie
- 1 1/3 c. flour
- 3 TBLSP sugar
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 7 TBLSP cubed cold butter
- 3 TBLSP water
- 1/3 c. chopped pecans
- 1/3 c. packed brown sugar
- 3 TBLSP softened butter
- 2 c. pumpkin puree
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 c. sugar
- 1/2 c. packed brown sugar
- 2 TBLSP flour
- 3/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. ginger
- 1/4 tsp. cloves
- 1 1/2 c half and half cream (I used real whipped cream already whipped for a substitute)
For the Crust
- To make pie crust:Mix flour, sugar, and salt.
- Then cut in butter and mix until crumbly.
- Gradually add water and form into ball, then roll out or press into a pie plate.
- Put fork marks into the sides of pie crust.
To make pecan layer
- Mix pecans, sugar, and butter.
- Press into the bottom of the pie crust.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 10 min.
- Cool for 5 min. on wire rack.
For pumpkin layer
- Combine all of the filling ingredients except pumpkin and cream.
- Then gradually stir in pumpkin, and gradually add cream.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45-50 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center is clean.
- Cool on wire rack.
- Garnish with halved pecans.
Share your thoughts, or ask a question!