Apple with cinnamon is always a good idea, now what gets me about the Apple Crumble is how easy it is to make it and just how delicious it tastes. There aren’t a lot of secrets when it comes to making a good Homemade Apple Crumble recipe. To me, the most important part is the perfect balance between sweet, tart and sour and of course, making sure that crumble on top is nice and crisp.
If you like your apples softer, you should be cutting them into thinner slices, whereas if you are like me and like it better when theres a nice bite to the apples, 1 inch slices is the way to go!
Apple Crumble doesn’t take long to prep, doesn’t have a lot of ingredients and it bakes pretty quickly in the oven. Which makes it the ultimate dessert for family and friends dinner nights. This dessert is definitely best served warm and I like to go the extra mile and finish it with some caramel sauce and vanilla ice cream.
- 4 pcs Apple
- ½ pc Lemon Juice
- 1 pc Lemon Zest
- ⅓ cup (60g) Sugar
- 1 tsp (5g) Cinnamon
- ½ tsp (2g) Nutmeg
- ½ tsp (2g) Cloves
- 1 cup (80g) Oats
- 1 cup (200g) Brown Sugar
- 4 tbsp (60g) Butter, melted
- Peel and cut the apples into 1 inch slices and add it to a medium size bowl.
- Add the lemon juice, lemon zest, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves.
- Mix it all together until it is fully incorporated and spread out evenly.
- Place the seasoned apple slices onto a baking dish of your choice.
- Place the oats, brown sugar and melted butter into a bowl and mix it together until it is combined.
- Sprinkle the crumble on top of the apple slices laid out on the baking dish.
- Make sure to cover the whole top surface and you can pack it down a little to help.
- Pre heat the oven to 218°C/425°F and bake it for 18mins or until the crumble on top is golden brown.
- The thicker the apple slices are, the more bite to it you'll have. If you prefer softer apples, cut it thinner.
- Make sure the crumble ingredients are fully mixed with no butter lumps.