My family and I are almond flavor lovers. We really are. Anything that has almonds or almond flavor, count us in. The flavor is pure and sweet and has such a pleasant fragrance as well. We love eating this almond cake as not only is the flavor so delicious and tasty, but the texture is soft and buttery, giving a melt-in-your-mouth feel. We top it off with a basic homemade vanilla frosting that is so silky and pairs so well with the actual cake. It's light, airy, and is a worthy competitor of the classic vanilla cake. This recipe is so easy to make and has become a repeatedly made dessert in our household. You should give it a try and see for yourself!!
One Layer Almond Cake
1 10-in cake
One Layer Almond Cake
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 large egg white, room temperature
- 2 large, whole eggs, room temperature
- 2 tsp almond extract
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cup buttermilk, room temperature
- 1 cup vanilla frosting
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease (1) 10-inch pan and line with parchment paper.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, whisk together the all-purpose flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- Using an electric mixer, cream together butter and sugar on medium-high speed until it turns pale and fluffy (this will take about 2-4 minutes).
- Add in the eggs gradually and once incorporated mix in the almond and vanilla extract.
- Then. alternate between adding in the dry ingredients and the buttermilk. Combine everything well, making sure there are no clumps.
- Pour the batter into the pan and bake for 35-45 minutes. Depending on the oven this make take more or less; keep a close eye and use a toothpick to determine when its done (poke for crumbs; no crumbs= ready!)
- Let the cake cool in the pan for 15-20 minutes before removing. Allow to cool completely or refrigerate. Add frosting on top of the cake and decorate anyway you like.
- If you do not have buttermilk, you can use milk and vinegar. Just use 1 1/4 cup milk and add in a tablespoon of white vinegar. Allow to sit for five minutes and use.
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!
Published August 31st, 2021 11:45 PM