Kalakand is one sweet that I always wanted to make. So this year during Diwali I decided to make this delicious Indian sweet. It tastes as beautiful as it looks.
If you are wondering about the process of making this sweet treat, I must tell you that this recipe is easy to make and requires just three ingredients. Yes, you heard me right. Just three ingredients. All you need is condensed milk, ricotta cheese and nuts. That’s all. So what are you thinking, let’s make this delicious sweet.
There are few optional ingredients which make these kalakands even more delicious. I have included them in the recipe.
Just one final word before you start. Please stick to the measurements that I have mentioned. Let me know if you liked it.
How pretty are these?
- 🔅400 ml sweetened condensed milk
- 🔅2 cups ricotta cheese
- 🔅1 tsp green cardamom powder
- 🔅1/4 cup crushed nuts (pistachios, cashews, almonds) (optional)
- 🔅7-8 strands of saffron (optional)
- 🔅In a heavy bottom pan, add condensed milk and ricotta.
- 🔅Cook on medium flame. Keep stirring and scraping the sides.
- 🔅When more than half the liquid evaporates and mixture starts leaving sides of the pan, add cardamom powder, nuts and saffron.
- 🔅Make sure the mixture doesn’t get dry.
- 🔅Transfer into a greased or parchment paper lined tray.
- 🔅Level and smoothen it from top.
- 🔅Refrigerate for 2 hours.
- 🔅Cut into pieces with knife.
- 🔅Garnish with nuts.