1 hr 15 min
Chocolate Banana Bread -Bake a loaf of tender, chocolatey chocolate banana bread! Double chocolate with cocoa and chocolate chips, it's sure to vanish.
When a bunch of bananas on your counter get speckled and threaten to be a magnet for fruit flies, toss them—peel and all—in the freezer.
Thaw them overnight in the fridge, or for a few hours on the counter; set them in a bowl first to catch the brown liquid that will ooze out.
Then, come baking time, just squeeze the flesh right out of the peel.
I love to have with coffee every morning.
so warm and taste excellent
look at this
I love it
- 3 large ripe bananas (ripe and easily mashable)
- 1/3 cup 2 melted butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups -all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup natural unsweetened cocoa powder -optonal
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup sweet chocolate sauce
- Garnish with Almond slice, pumpkin seed, blueberry
- Butter or spray with cooking spray the inside of a 5x9-inch loaf pan.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C) with a rack in the middle.
- Using a blender, food processor, or a fork, puree the peeled ripe bananas until smooth. You should have 1 1/2 to 1 3/4 cups of banana puree.
- Place the banana puree into a large mixing bowl. Stir the melted butter. Stir in the brown sugar, salt, egg, and vanilla extract. Whisk to break up any clumps of sugar.
- whisk together the flour, cocoa, baking soda, and allspice. Stir until just incorporated, then stir in the chocolate .
- Pour the batter into the greased pan. Garnish with Almond slice, pumpkin seed, blueberry
- Place in a 350°F (175°C) oven and bake for 1 hour, until the loaf feels relatively firm and bounces back when you gently push the center top of the bread down with your finger. If the loaf still has some give, keep baking it.
- Remove the bread from the oven, set it on a cooling rack, and let it cool for 10 minutes in the pan.
- Slice with a serrated bread knife to serve.
Published February 23rd, 2023 2:18 PM
Did not see the Allspice and. Hocolate chips in the ingredients list
I just want to make sure I made it foolproof! Can’t wait to make it. Thank you.
At what point does the wet mixture get mixed with the dry ingredients? "Sweet chocolate sauce," as in chocolate syrup used for making chocolate milk?