Crunchy Mandarin Salad
Crunchy, sweet and refreshing! This salad has it all, and with its homemade crunchy noodle topping it might just become your favorite summer salad!
One of my all time favorite salads is a crunchy ramen noodle salad that my family has been making for years! I love the crunchy topping that is added to the salad, but I was looking to bulk up the base of the salad a little bit.
I decided to try adding red onions, cucumbers and mandarin oranges to a few good handfuls of spring mix. I finished it off with a drizzle of poppy seed dressing and the end result was incredible!
To make this salad you want to begin by making the crunchy topping. To do this you will need 1 package of ramen noodles that has been broken up into tiny pieces, slivered almonds and garlic. Sauté the raw ramen noodles, almonds and garlic in a pan over medium low heat with 1 tbsp olive oil. Once the ramen noodles and almonds have turned golden brown remove from heat and let cool.
To make the salad, start off with a base of spring mix. Add as much or as little as you think you will need. To that I added a few thinly sliced red onions.
Top with sliced cucumber and drained mandarin oranges. The quantities for this will depend on personal preference and the amount of people you will be serving.
It’s already looking so delicious!
Drizzle on your favorite poppyseed dressing and give the salad a light toss to evenly incorporate.
To finish it all off, top with the crunchy ramen noodle topping and enjoy!
This is my favorite poppyseed dressing that I use for this salad, but any variety will work.
Crunchy Mandarin Salad
Crunchy noodle topping
- 1 package ramen noodles (discard broth packet)
- 100g slivered almonds
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 1tbsp olive oil
- Spring mix
- sliced red onion
- mandarin oranges
- poppyseed salad dressing
- Begin by breaking up one package of ramen noodles into small pieces.
- Sauté the raw ramen noodles, almonds and garlic in a pan over medium low heat with 1 tbsp olive oil.
- Once the ramen noodles and almonds have turned golden brown remove from heat and let cool.
- To assemble the salad add a few handfuls of spring mix to a large bowl.
- Top with thinly sliced red onions, cucumbers, and mandarin oranges.
- Drizzle on the poppyseed dressing and toss until everything is evenly incorporated.
- Top with the crunchy ramen noodle topping and enjoy!
- Any left over topping can be stored in an airtight container for up to one week.
- This salad also tastes great with the addition of shredded chicken.