Mint Matcha Latte
An easy recipe for a quick, creamy, and vegan Mint Matcha Latte infused with fresh mint leaves. This homemade matcha latte is perfect to add into your morning routine or as mid-day energy boost.
Matcha and mint go together like peanut butter and jelly in my opinion. It's such a refreshing combo that you'll love adding fresh mint leaves to all of your teas! I love having this with some Indian snacks on the side as my mid-day caffeine break. It's healthy, it's vegan, it's something you need to try right now. Enjoy!
📋 Ingredients and Substitutions
- Matcha Powder. I've tried a lot of different matcha powders, however, I keep coming back to this one! Use whichever one is available and convenient for you.
- Fresh mint leaves. I grow these in my back yard. However, I am terrible at taking care of my plants (I'm working on it!). Sometimes I don't have fresh mint on hand. You can also use mint tea bag, or mint extract.
- Milk. I used soy milk. You can use any of your favorite plant based milk; I suggest soy, oat, or almond. If you are not vegan, you can use any milk you'd like.
- Maple Syrup. I love mine sweetened but if you'd like yours unsweetened, just omit the maple syrup.
- Additions: Adding vanilla to the mint matcha latte tastes absolutely delicious as well.
- Making matcha took me some practice. I never owned a matcha whisk, although this one has been recommended to me many times. However, what I felt was most useful to me was a handheld milk frother! I love the one I own, I use it for my coffees, my matcha lattes, or when my 5 year old wants to be fancy and drink frothed milk.
- First I take a ¼ cup of hot water (not boiling, just hot). I add the matcha and then use my frother to eliminate any lumps.
- In another cup, I heat soy milk and add it to the matcha. I then froth the soy milk to combine well. Optional, you can froth the milk separately then add the matcha over the top. Additionally, you can add the sweetener of your choice at this time and combine. Enjoy warm or add over ice (skip warming the milk step) to have an Iced Matcha Latte.
🥗 Other Recipes You'll Love:
- Healthy Everyday Berry Smoothie
- Miso Avocado Toast With Chickpeas
- Blueberry Chia Pudding
- Corn Chaat with Peanuts
- Apple Pie Bites
If you loved this Mint Matcha Latte recipe, let me know in the comments below! I’d love to connect with you on Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest! Subscribe for my weekly emails at the bottom so you never miss a new recipe!
Mint Matcha Latte
- 20-25 fresh mint leaves
- 1/4 cup hot water
- 2 teaspoons matcha powder
- 1 cup milk of choice I used unsweetened soy milk
- 1-2 teaspoons maple syrup
- Steep mint leaves in hot water for about 5-10 minutes.
- Warm milk in microwave or on stovetop until just before boiling.
- Remove mint leaves carefully from hot water by straining water into a teacup.
- Add matcha powder. Use a matcha whisk or a hand held frother until well combined and frothy.
- Add the warmed milk and maple syrup.
- Froth the milk and combine well.
- Enjoy warm!
- If you want to enjoy this cold, skip warming the milk. When combined with the matcha, pour over a glass with ice and enjoy cold.
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!
Published July 11th, 2022 4:48 PM
Share your thoughts, or ask a question!