Hot Cocoa Bombs!
So I definitely didn’t get all of the hype…. until I tried my own hot cocoa bombs! OH my gosh; so fun and SO good!
You only need a few supplies – a half-dome silicone mold, white or semisweet chocolate, hot cocoa mix, and mini marshmallows! Sprinkles optional but recommended. ;)
As much fun as these are just to make, I think filming pouring milk over the bomb miiiiight have been my favorite part! I recommend aiming your pour at the seam to make the bomb come apart and melt more quickly.
These are SUPER easy to make – and they make great Christmas gifts! Recipe below!
Hot Cocoa Bombs!
- 1 cup (6 oz) white chocolate chips
- 6 Tablespoons Hot cocoa mix
- 1 cups mini marshmallows
- ¼ cup (2 oz) semisweet chocolate chips
- Sprinkles of your choice (optional but recommended!)
- Silicone Hot cocoa bomb mold – I love the mold I bought on Amazon!
- Piping bag – for decorating
- Melt your white chocolate, and coat the inside of the silicone molds with a brush or spoon – make sure to make the coating thick enough that red isn’t showing through the chocolate. Cool until solid, and remove shells from molds. (repeat this process if you want to make more than 3 bombs!)
- Now you’re ready to put them together! First – you need a way to melt the edges of the shells slightly so that they’ll stick together. I put a frying pan on the stove on low heat, and first melted the edges of 3 of my shells for 1-2 seconds until they evened out. Add 2 tablespoons of hot cocoa mix and as many marshmallows as will fit to the shells with the evened edges. Melt the edges of the remaining 3 white chocolate shells, seal the two edges of the shell together while the chocolate is still warm, and allow them to cool.
- Now to decorate! Melt your semisweet chocolate in 10-second intervals in the microwave, and transfer to a piping or zip-lock bag (don’t overheat it or it can burn). Drizzle chocolate over the hot cocoa bombs and sprinkle with sprinkles – and you’re done! Enjoy – or bag as an awesome Christmas gift!