How to Make a Starbucks Iced Americano Recipe at Home
Our Starbucks iced Americano recipe is a simple yet bold beverage with brewed coffee. It is a lovely way of getting an afternoon boost and the perfect antidote to a hot and tiring day! With only three ingredients, it’s the easiest coffee recipe ever. Choose the traditional way of serving without milk or sugar, or add a splash of cream and sugar.
Starbucks Iced Americano If you’re wondering what the difference between black coffee and an Americano, you’re not alone. There’s a common misconception that they are the same thing. Though they seem similar, black coffee and a classic Americano are two coffee drinks that are a world apart. The major difference lies in the method. A true Americano is made with an espresso machine, whereas black coffee uses a coffee pot. One way to tell an Americano and a regular iced coffee apart without tasting them is the “crema.” Crema is what gives authentic espresso a golden brown, almost creamy layer that floats on top. Lastly, there is a difference in caffeine content between an espresso-based drink and brewed coffee. One shot of espresso is about 64 mg less caffeine than a classic cup of joe. Therefore, there is less caffeine in your Americano per serving unless you go for a double shot of espresso. Enjoy a tall, robust iced Americano with your friends as a treat after a full week of work or as you all relax by the pool. You may develop such a liking for regular iced Americano that it becomes one of your favorite coffee recipes.
How to Make an Iced Americano Recipe at Home Bring the cafe home with one of the most simple and satisfying coffee recipes out there. The Iced Americano is a refreshing espresso drink that can be yours in five minutes and just 3 simple ingredients. You’ll save so much money by making this Starbucks favorite at home!As you take your first sip of this classic coffee drink, you’ll be amazed by the satisfaction it brings, thanks to it’s rich but smooth flavor. The refreshing chill of the ice paired with the bold flavors of the espresso satisfies that coffee craving on a hot summer day. It’s a great way to start the day or to keep going during the afternoon slump. Plus, with basic ingredients and simple steps, you can probably make this with your eyes closed. So skip the coffee shop, and make this today. Ingredients
- Ice cubes – Anywhere from a few, to a whole glass full will do.
- Cold water – Filtered is best. Water serves two purposes in this drink. One, it dilutes the espresso, bringing it to an enjoyable strength and allowing the unique flavors to develop. Two, water enhances the thirst-quenching and refreshing properties of the water to shine.
- Espresso – The quality and selection of espresso beans you choose will significantly impact the rich flavor of your Iced Americano. Choose your favorite dark, medium, or blonde espresso roast coffee.
Homemade Iced Americano Calories A 12-ounce tall Iced Americano from Starbucks (1 serving) contains 2g total carbs, 2g net carbs, 0g fat, 1g protein, and 10 calories. Your homemade version will have comparable nutrition.In addition to being low-calorie, this easy coffee drink is also naturally sugar-free, dairy-free, low-carb, vegetarian, vegan, gluten-free, keto, and great for any diet.As with all coffee drinks, you can sweeten it with brown sugar, maple syrup or another sweetener and give it a touch of milk to make it a creamy drink. Keep in mind if you make any changes to the recipe as written, it will affect the calories and you’ll need to adjust accordingly.
Iced Americano Coffee Recipe FAQ I understand you might have some questions, particularly if iced coffee drinks are new to you or you’ve never worked with strong espresso before. Let me answer some common queries and clarify the process for you. How many cups of coffee are equal to one shot of espresso? While the amount of caffeine is roughly equal in one 12-ounce cup of coffee, and a single shot of espresso has approximately 64 mg of caffeine. An average American coffee has about 95 mg of caffeine; therefore, you would need about two-thirds of the coffee to equal the same amount of one espresso shot. What is the difference between Americano and filtered coffees? The preparation process is the main difference between an Americano and filtered coffee. An Americano is made by adding water to espresso, whereas filtered coffee is generally made in a coffee maker using ground coffee beans. Another familiar term for filtered coffee is drip coffee. Is cold coffee good to start your day? The verdict is out on whether coffee is the healthiest way to start the day or not. Some studies show that consuming caffeine can elevate the stress hormone, cortisol. Others say coffee has health-producing benefits and boosts the body’s metabolic rate which helps burn fat. Ultimately, this is a choice that only you can make. But whether you prefer the traditional hot coffee or a refreshing cold version, the most important thing to remember is that you have this easy recipe available for all the coffee lovers in your life.
More Easy Breakfast Ideas
- Easy Waffle Recipe (No Milk)
- 4-Ingredient Banana Bread
- Easy 5-Ingredient Breakfast Recipes with Eggs
- Make-Ahead Breakfasts for Weekly Meal Prep
- Quick Everyday Breakfast Ideas for Busy Mornings
- Copycat McDonald’s Biscuits
- McDonald’s Breakfast Sauce Recipe
- Copycat Popeye’s Coleslaw Recipe
- Bahama Mama Tropical Smoothie Recipe
- Copycat Ruth Chris Stuffed Chicken
- McDonald’s Pancake Recipe (Hotcakes)
- Is filtered coffee stronger than espresso?
- Caffeine Myths: Espresso vs. Drip
- Caffeine Stimulation of Cortisol Secretion Across the Waking Hours in Relation to Caffeine Intake Levels
- Effect of caffeine on the metabolic responses of lipolysis and activated sweat gland density in human during physical activity
- Using caffeine and other adenosine receptor antagonists and agonists as therapeutic tools against neurodegenerative diseases: A review
How to Make a Starbucks Iced Americano Recipe at Home
- 1 cup ice cubes
- ½ cup cold water
- 2 shots espresso
- Add ice to a cup.
- Fill with cold, filtered water.
- Top with espresso shots and serve immediately.
- Traditionally made without milk, cream, or sweetener. However, you can add them if you like.
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!
Published July 6th, 2023 5:34 PM