I know. I know. This is old news, you tell me. I know it is. But sometimes old news and old recipes need a new life, a recharge because they are just so darn good. This one in particular is just so darn good AND EASY. Which is my favorite combination of things :D
You take your instant coffee (I use instant espresso because I love that extra kick), you have your milk ready to go (I love a whole milk, but have really enjoyed trying milk alternatives like oat and macadamia nut milk). Finally, you just get ready to use your arms for some fast-action whisking and this is a remarkably easy and tasty coffee drink ready for you to enjoy.
Perhaps you missed the dalgona coffee craze months back. Here we are to show you again, and if not, give you a gentle nudge to make some more!
Enjoy this easy and quick recipe and impress everyone with how fancy and time-consuming it looks ;)
Check out more recipes here: https://www.instagram.com/theblackcatkitchen1/
- 2 Tbsp instant coffee or a mix of instant coffee/instant espresso
- 2 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 2 Tbsp cold water
- Milk of your choice for serving
- Ice (optional) for serving
- Combine sugar, coffee, and water in a medium bowl
- Quickly whisk or use a hand-held mixer until mixture turns silky smooth and shiny, then continue whisking until it thickens and holds its lofty, foamy shape. (If whisking by hand, it will take 8 to 12 minutes).
- Fill a glass with milk and ice and spoon the coffee mixture on top.
- Try it with a different milk!