Blueberry muffins happen to be one of my all-time favorite muffins. But like everything else, I wanted to make sure the recipe was perfect before I shared it will all of you. When I was little, my mom used to bake me blueberry muffins on the first day of school. Granted they were from a box, but I loved them. So when I was old enough to use the oven by myself, I made them all the time. Now I am proud to say that I have a delicious blueberry muffin recipe that I developed myself! These blueberry muffins a light, fluffy, and have a beautiful dome on top. The muffins are sweet but not too sweet, and just enough lemon to complement the blueberries.
- 15 Muffins
- Prep time: 15 Minutes|Cook time: 20 Minutes|Total time: 35 Minutes
- Pre heat the oven to 375 degree.
- Combine the melted butter, eggs, buttermilk, oil and vanilla together.
- Take a big pint of your flour and toss your blue berries in that flour.
- Combine the sugar, salt, baking powder, and all purpose flour together.
- Mix together your wet and dry ingredients.
- Gently fold in your blueberries.
- Fill a lined muffin pan with batter, and stop just short of the top of the liner. This recipe make 15 muffins.
- You can sprinkle sanding sugar on top of the batter for a little crunch, but that's optional.
- Bake the muffins for 20 minutes until a tooth pick comes out clean.
- Let them cool in the pan, and enjoy!
- Be careful not to be too rough with the blueberries, or they will turn your batter blue and green.
- If you would like to see a step by step video on how to make this recipe check out my YouTube video above. This video also includes an extra topping option.