Salmon Dip Stuffed Avocados
Just because it's a new year and we're all eating a little more mindfully doesn't mean we have to cut back on the tasty appetizers and snacks. Salmon Dip Stuffed Avocados are the delicious and nutritious treat that will have your friends and family double dipping.
Salmon is such a versatile protein to cook with. Whether it's Chile Lime Baked Salmon with Peach Salsa as a main dish or this creamy and dreamy dip, it's satisfying every time.
Salmon Dip Stuffed Avocados starts with easy to prepare salmon and combines it with ingredients you probably already have around. Balanced flavor and texture make this fish dip a stand out perfect to entertain with or serve your family as a hearty snack.
- MOWI Sweet Bourbon Flavored Atlantic Salmon - MOWI Atlantic Salmon meets the Aquaculture Stewardship Council's rigorous standards for farm-raised salmon. They are also BAP certified. The Sweet Bourbon flavored salmon comes pre-seasoned making it easy to cook.
- Avocados - Rich, creamy, and delicious, these not only make the perfect serving vessels for this salmon spread but also adds texture and flavor to this creamy salmon dip.
- Yogurt - The base for the dressing for this seafood dip, it adds tanginess and creaminess.
- Shallot - Gives a delicate onion flavor that doesn't overpower the salmon.
- Celery - Offers crunch to every bite while giving a burst of freshness.
- Salt - Enhances all of the flavors of the ingredients.
- Black Pepper - Gives a mild, earthy spice.
- Capers - The briny and bright flavor compliments the rich flavor of the salmon.
- Dill - Lightly citrusy and fresh, dill adds a pop of pure savory flavor.
- Chives - The mild and delicate onion flavor brings freshness to every bite.
How to Make Salmon Dip Stuffed Avocados
These easy and delicious savory treats are an ideal make ahead perfect for both meal prep and also entertaining. Elegant enough for a cocktail party but festive for even gameday eats, these are sure to become a new favorite.
Time needed: 1 hour and 30 minutes.
Savory, creamy, and packed with texture, these stuffed avocados are as beautiful as they are delicious.
- BakePreheat your oven to 375 degrees. Place the salmon on an oiled baking sheet and cook it according to the package directions, about 15 minutes or until it easily flakes with a fork. Allow to cool.
- DressingAdd all of the ingredients for the dressing to a bowl and mix to thoroughly combine.
- FlakeUse a fork to flake your salmon. Add it into the bowl with the dressing and toss to combine.
- ChillLet the mixture chill for at least an hour. You can make this well ahead of time.
- StuffWhen ready to serve, cut your avocados in half. Scoop out some of the flesh and add it to the salmon mixture, stirring to incorporate. Use a spoon to stuff the avocados.
No yogurt? No problem! For a similar consistency that will also give tang, both sour cream and creme fraiche can be used for this recipe. You may need to adjust the seasoning slightly to accommodate.
How to Serve Salmon Dip Stuffed Avocados
This salmon dip can be served as a salad and eaten with a fork. You can also include your favorite dippers such as celery, cucumbers, pita chips, or tortilla chips. Have fun coming up with different combinations!
The salmon salad portion of this recipe can be made several days in advance. Keep it refrigerated in an airtight container and it will keep for 3-4 days. Add your avocado when ready to serve.
Top Tip for Salmon Dip Stuffed Avocados
Avocados start oxidizing as soon as they are cut, which is what causes them to turn brown. Hold off cutting your avocados until just before serving. If you plan on making these a little ahead of time squeeze or brush fresh lemon or lime juice all over the exposed avocado flesh. This will slow down the oxidization process and keep it nice and bright green.
In addition, you will want to use avocados that are ripe, but not overly soft. If you pull off the stem from the top of the avocado and it easily comes away revealing green underneath, it perfectly ripe and ready.
Salmon Dip Stuffed Avocados
- ▢ 12 oz MOWI Sweet Bourbon Atlantic Salmon
- ▢ 3 avocados
- ▢ 1 cup yogurt
- ▢ 1 shallot, diced
- ▢ 1/4 cup celery, diced
- ▢ 1/2 tsp salt
- ▢ 1/4 tsp black pepper
- ▢ 1 tbsp capers, chopped
- ▢ 1 tbsp fresh dill
- ▢ 1 tbsp fresh chives
- ▢ Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Lightly oil a baking sheet.
- ▢ Place the salmon on the baking sheet. Bake according to the package directions. It should easily flake and be 145 degrees. Let cool.
- ▢ Add all of the ingredients to a bowl except for the avocados. Mix to combine.
- ▢ Use a fork to flake the salmon. Add the salmon to the bowl with the dressing and mix.
- ▢ Cover the bowl and allow it to chill until ready to serve. This can be done a day or two in advance.
- ▢ Cut the avocados in half. Scoop out some of the flesh to create a bowl.
- ▢ Add the avocado into the salmon mixture and stir to combine.
- ▢ Use a spoon to fill each avocado. Enjoy!
Can I use raw tuna?
I’m going to try this with shrimp