The Hospitality Pineapple Salsa Bowl
The pineapple is recognized as a traditional symbol of hospitality. Pineapples always bring back many childhood memories along with some more recent ones. My home back in Arkansas is filled with pineapple decor. From front porch flags to our living room sofa you can almost hear the song of hospitality being sung the moment you cross the threshold. For many of you that know my mom, Cindy, you know she is one the most hospitable southern women you will ever meet. Anyone and everyone that walks through her front door is going to receive a big warm hug followed by the “neck squeeze,” a house tour, and an amazing meal. You will certainly feel right at home the entire visit. I know my love for cooking and entertaining came from my hospitable mom. She set the example for me by showing me how to take care of guests, friends, family and even strangers when they came into our home. One of my first jobs was in the hospitality department of a fortune 500 company as a “Hospitality Specialist.” And those lessons I learned from my momma Cindy on her pineapple couch are still truer than ever today. Treat your guests warmly, welcomingly and generously. The unique fruit Mr. Pineapple will always have a special significance in my heart. And with the pineapple salsa bowl, it can have a hospitality significance for your next gathering too!
The Pineapple Salsa Bowl can mean more to your guests than just an appetizer at your next fiesta. Let it be the centerpiece of your Mexican stack up night by going the extra mile to make your guests feel welcomed.
If you make this special dish for your next gathering tag me and tag
- 8 people
- Prep time: 15 Minutes|Cook time: 0 Minutes|Total time: 15 Minutes
Make the pineapple bowl:
- Cut about 1/4 of the pineapple off. You want to make sure to leave the stem or crown of the pineapple on.
- Loosen the pineapple by taking a knife around the outer edge of the fruit.
- Make score cuts across the pineapple flesh without piercing the skin. (Like you would an avocado) This is going to create squares of pineapple to spoon out.
- Using a metal spoon scoop out the scored pineapple flesh.
- Pour any extra juice or flesh out so the bowl is empty.
Make the salsa:
- Give the pineapple chunks you saved another quick dice. Add to a medium sized mixing bowl.
- Pour the small tub of pico in with the diced pineapple.
- Roughly chop your fresh cilantro and add to the mixing bowl.
- Dice 1 cups worth of bell peper. (any color combination) add to mixing bowl.
- Finish off by adding the fresh lime juice, diced jalepeno, salt and pepper. Toss together until everything is combined.
- Pour mixture into hollowed pineapple bowl. Refrigerate until ready to serve with chips!
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!Go