Sabudana Vada is the easiest recipe to make for evening snack or for morning breakfast which is fluffy and crispy as well. Mashed Potatoes, chopped onion, dry roasted peanuts powder coriander leaves along with lots of dry spices are added to make this sabudana Vada more scrumptious.
A Crispy, spicy & flavourful sabudana vada is simply irresistible when served with green chutney. In this recipe I have added a tbsp of dryfruit powder which made these vada more delicious 😋.
If making Sabudana Vada during fasting then it's prepared without onion and instead of flour you can use kuttu flour.
It's crispy, spicy & flavourful at every bite & are best serve hot with a cup of hot tea. Let's check out the Ingredients & recipe to make this delicious Sabudana Vada recipe. If you like this amazing snack recipe then please comment down below, I would love to read your thoughts!!!!
- Soaked Sabudana / Tapioca Pearls 1 cup
- Boiled potatoes 1/2 cup
- Onion chopped 4 tbsp
- Ginger chopped 1/4 tsp
- Coriander leaves chopped 2 tbsp
- Green chilies chopped 1/2 tsp
- Peanut powder (dry roasted) 2 tbsp
- Dryfruit powder (dry roasted) 1 tbsp
- Besan (dry roasted) 1 tbsp
- Red chili powder 1/4 tsp
- Jeera powder 1/4 tsp
- Lemon juice 1 tsp
- Rock Salt as per taste
- Oil for frying
- Add sabudana in a bowl then wash it thoroughly in water until water is clean.
- Soak sabudana in 1 cup water for overnight.
- Next day mash sabudana in a bowl & then add boiled potatoes.
- Now add chopped onions, ginger Coriander leaves, Green chilies, Peanut powder & dryfruit powder.
- Then will add all dry spices, Red chili powder, Jeera powder, rock salt & lemon juice.
- Finally will add 1tbsp of dry roasted besan & mix it really well.
- Then take ball size of the mixture, flattened it and shape it like a vada as shown.
- Heat a frying pan, pour vegetable oil & allow it to heat.
- Then deep fry these vada until both side are golden brown in colour & crispy in texture.
- Once fried serve these crispy sabudana vada with any chutney of your choice or simply with tomato ketchup.
- There are different varieties of Sabudana available in market. Some take 4 hours to soak and some take overnight. So adjust the soaking time as needed until sabudana is soft.
- Boiled potatoes helps in binding the vada mixture, so don't skip it.
- If your vada breaks then add 1 tbsp of flour to remove extra moisture.