Powered Falafels anyone?
Protein and Power greens packed my quick, healthy & guilt free falafel fix for weekday or anytime lunch! Kids couldn’t tell that these falafel balls had power greens in them not cilantro!😘 win win for this mom!
I added blanched & drained power greens, almond flour & Indian spices to these falafels today. Cooked them in my @gourmia air fryer to keep it healthy. Result was yummilicious! It took me only 35 mins total to make everything including the fresh hummus😍
You can serve these as an appetizer or snack too!
Falafel balls ingredients:
- 2 cups power greens - blanched & drained
- 1 cup boiled or canned and fully drained chic peas
- 6 garlic pods
- 2 green chilies
- 1/2 cup almond flour or bread crumbs
- 1 tbsp Chaat masala (optional)
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp roasted cumin powder
- Salt to taste
- 🥙Make sure chickpeas & power greens are well drained.
- 🥙Add all the ingredients to the food processor & pulse it until it becomes like a coarse mixture. If you feel like it’s wet you can add little more almond flour to fix the consistency.
- 🥙Divide it into 8 equal parts & make flat round balls out of it. You can keep it flat or in ball shape.
- 🥙Preheat the air fryer at 200F for 2 mins then pray the basket & place the falafels in it.
- 🥙Spray the balls & cook at 200F for 10 mins.
- 🥙Turn them and spray the other side & cook another 10-15mins until they are golden on top.
- 🥙Enjoy it with hot tea as a snack or make it a full meal like I did with warm pita, hummus & all the fixings!
- 🥙Give a shout-out if you try this recipe! Thanks😍