This roasted cauliflower salad might just be my new favorite side dish! The vinaigrette is UNREAL.
I was craving some food that would remind me of travelling to the Middle East so I paired this dish with Middle Eastern chicken thighs, caramelized onions, a tahini salad, homemade pita, and homemade labneh.
Cauliflower is such a great way to get your healthy carbs. I opted to serve this with my dinner instead of having rice, and I am so glad that I did.
My partner ate 3 of the 4 servings it made - and doesn't even like cauliflower! I highly recommend this amazing yet super easy dish.
Check out my Instagram @tikofoods for more amazing recipes!
For the Cauliflower
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 3 tbsp dried currants
- white wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp sumac
- 2 tsp zaatar
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
For the Viniagrette
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- Cut your cauliflower into florets
- Add them to the air fryer and add 1 tbsp of olive oil
- Season with all the seasonings and mix together
- Air fry the cauliflower at 400 F for 15 minutes, turning them or shaking the fry basket halfway
- While the cauliflower is cooking, heat a small dry pan on the stove at medium heat
- Add the pine nuts and roast them in the pan until golden brown - be sure to stir frequently and keep an eye on them as they can quickly burn!
- Once the pine nuts are golden brown, set them aside on a plate to avoid further cooking or burning
- Chop the parsley and prepare the vinaigrette (recipe below)
- Mix the cauliflower, vinaigrette, chopped parsley, and dried currants then serve
Honey Mustard Vinaigrette
- Add olive oil ,dijon mustard, white wine vinegar, honey, salt, and pepper to a small bowl
- Whisk all the ingredients together
- Dried currants can be substituted for fresh currants, pomegranate seeds, or raisins
- If you don't have an air fryer, you can roast the cauliflower in the oven at 450 F for 25 minutes, flipping halfway
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!
Published October 28th, 2020 5:53 PM
Sounds delicious ❤