Air Fryer Stuffed Mushrooms
These Air Fryer Stuffed Mushrooms will be one of the easiest appetizers you have ever made. You only need a handful of ingredients and an air fryer and you will have a delicious and healthy appetizer in no time!
I just love stuffed mushrooms. They are such a crowd pleaser and easy to adjust to make them however you like them. This Air Fryer Stuffed Mushroom recipe is vegetarian, but you can add cooked sausage or bacon for an extra hit of protein. This recipe is also a small-batch recipe but can easily be doubled or tripled for a larger crowd.
I use an air fryer attachment (affiliate) that goes on top of my Instant Pot and I love it! I use the Mealthy brand and Instant Pot makes one as well. They are nice and compact so you are not adding another large gadget to your cabinets. They are a little on the small side though so you can’t cook as much at one time like other air fryers.
Stuffed Mushrooms cooked in the air fryer.
stuffed mushroom filling before mixing
stuffed mushrooms in an air fryer basket
mushrooms with the filling being put inside for stuffed mushrooms
Air Fryer Stuffed Mushrooms
- 8 oz button mushrooms (about 10-12)
- 1/4 cup cream cheese
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, shredded (plus a little more for the top of the mushrooms)
- 1/4 cup Italian breadcrumbs
- 1 clove garlic
- kosher salt (just a pinch or two)
- freshly ground black pepper (a few cranks of a grinder)
- Italian seasoning (optional to sprinkle on top)
- Wash and de-stem the mushrooms. Place the stems in the food processor as they become part of the filling (no waste!).
- Place the cream cheese, parmesan cheese, breadcrumbs, garlic, salt, and pepper in the food processor along with the stems and process until fully combined.
- Fill each mushroom with the filling. Sprinkle the top with a small amount of shredded parmesan cheese and Italian seasoning. ⅙
- Place the mushrooms in the air fryer basket ensuring there is room around each one for the air to circulate. Air Fry at 400°F for 8-10 minutes.
- Carefully remove the mushrooms using tongs and allow them to cool slightly before enjoying. These are best when enjoyed immediately.
- This recipe is a small batch recipe but can be easily doubled or tripled for a larger crowd.
- Since mushrooms already have a lot of water in them naturally, there is no need to spray the basket or the tops when air frying. They do not stick and there is very little mess. Yay!
- One of the easiest ways I find to clean mushrooms is with a paper towel. The texture of the towel gets all of those dirt pieces that are hard to remove with just water.
- These stuffed mushrooms are best when enjoyed warm and right away. You can make the filling ahead of time, assemble the mushrooms, and store them covered in the fridge until you are ready to cook them.
- If you don’t have a food processor, you can still make these mushrooms! Just mince the stems and garlic as small as possible and blend with the rest of the ingredients using a spoon.
- Always read the instruction manual that came with your Air Fryer and follow all safety guidelines.