Cauliflower wings are one of THE best party snacks. They're perfect for a superbowl party, a movie night or if you just want to have more of a veggie snack. They go extremely well slathered in buffalo sauce and with a blue cheese dip (I'll make a recipe for that and link it at the bottom of this post!) They're a yummy scrummy option instead of chicken wings and can be perfect for vegans to endure they don't miss out! What's great about these is that the batter can be used for other things, try brocolli, asparagus, peppers as a kind of pseduo tempura, or meat batter the possibilities are endless
For the batter
- 1/2 cup cornflour
- 1/2 cup plain flour
- Enough water to make thickness of double cream
- 1 whole cauliflower head
- Cut cauliflower head into individual florets
- Make batter and place florets into batter mix. Ensure well coated.
- Deep fry in 170°c oil until browned and crisp
- Drain, rest, then toss in sauce of choice
- It may be easier to fry in batches of 3 to 6 florets and then allow to keep warm in oven
- It goes great with blue cheese dressing! Recipe here: https://www.foodtalkdaily.com/44313807/blue-cheese-dressing
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!
Published August 31st, 2020 1:30 PM