If you love dahl as much as I do, then this recipe is definitely for you!
This vegan dahl is so delicious, so nutritious and so easy to make. It's main ingredient, red lentils, are a super legume, they’re packed with vitamins, magnesium, zinc and potassium. They're also low in fat and high in protein which makes them a wonderful addition to any meal, without making you feel heavy or bloated. In addition, lentils have antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties which will improve your overall health. Also, this meal is loaded with hearty vegetables and fragrant and savory spices. It’s definitely recommended on cooler days as it is warm, hearty and filling.
serve with a side of rice or on its own
add broth, coconut cream and spices
Sautee veggies and lentils
Prep all the veggies
I've opted to making jasmine rice on the side, but you can have it on its own or with any side that you like
- 2 cups red lentils
- 2 cups veggie broth
- 1 large carrot diced🥕
- 1 celery stalk diced
- 2 multicolour bell peppers diced
- 1 small onion diced
- 3 to 4 garlic cloves minced
- 1 inch ginger root grated
- 1 can coconut cream
- Olive or coconut oil
- 3 tbsp medium curry
- 2 tbsp cumin
- 2 tbsp gram masala
- 1 tbsp turmeric
- 1 tsp coriander
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 tbsp mustard seed
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- Salt to taste
- Sautee the onions, bell peppers and garlic in olive oil. Then add carrots and celery until they're tender.
- Then add the lentils and sautee for a few minutes on medium heat.
- Add veggie broth and lower the heat, stir occasionally until lentils are cooked.
- Add coconut cream and stir for about 5 minutes, adding more water if it's too thick.
- Now add all spices and adjust them to taste. Let the mix simmer for about 5 minutes.
- I chose to have it with jasmine rice but you can have it with any side of your choice. Bon appetit ❤