Summer Corn Salad
I absolute love sweet corn in the summer! It is perfect for grilling season because not only does grilled corn taste delicious, but it pairs so well with common barbecue foods. I paired it with grilled shrimp and zucchini, so yummy!
Corn can be added into a variety of salads, but today we are going to use it as the star of the salad. Again, there are various ways to make corn salads, each as tasty as the next.
This version is serving up all the crunch, juice, and freshness that is perfect on a hot summer day. It is a great side dish because it is filling and loaded with fresh herbs and veggies. See how simple it is below!
Check out my instagram @tikofoods for more recipes.
Summer Corn Salad
- 4 cobs of corn
- 2 avocados
- 1/2 cup of shredded red cabbage
- 1 bunch of mint
- 2 green onions
- 1 cup of feta cheese
- 1 lemon
- 1 stick of unsalted butter
- pepper to taste
- salt to taste
- olive oil
- Heat butter in pan on medium
- Cut the corn off of the cob and add to the pan stirring occasionally until the corn begins to brown
- Once the corn is browned, season with salt and let cool
- Dice the avocado, slice the green onions, roughly chop the mint, and shred the red cabbage then add it to a bowl
- Add the juice from 1/2 lemon (or more depending on preference), a drizzle of olive oil, salt and peper
- Finally add in the cooled corn and feta cheese, then mix it all together
- If you are making this for a group of people, use 1 corn cob per person (this recipe is based off a serving for 4)
- Instead of charring the corn in a pan, you can do it on a barbecue then cut the corn off
- I prefer to let the corn cool before adding it to the bowl so that the feta does not melt
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!
Published July 31st, 2020 11:03 PM
Share your thoughts, or ask a question!