Fried Cauliflower Salad
Here I am sharing a cauliflower salad recipe that we use here in our hotel. We use this salad mainly in our banquet department because it’s a great salad to share during an event. This recipe calls for cauliflower, tomatoes, red onions, fresh herbs, vinegar, olive oil and salt. You may also choose to use frozen cauliflower in this recipe and if you choose to use the frozen cauliflower you should defrost the cauliflower make sure it’s dried and then you can fry it. Once the cauliflower is cool you can then begin to season it as if you would any other salad. Here in Israel we work a lot with cauliflower. Once I even made a dish in the restaurant where we shredded the cauliflower with a grater and we made a great tabouli salad, I will share that recipe as well soon: This recipe is really simple and Mediterranean which is really the style that I like to go for in the kitchen, fresh and tasty.If you are using fresh cauliflower you will have to take the head of cauliflower and break it into florettes and then blanch the cauliflower once it is blanched you can then fry it. As you will be doing this at home of course you can just pan fry it or get a skillet and deep fry the cauliflower just the most important thing is that you get the cauliflower soft and golden brown. I recommend for this specific recipe to use frozen back to cauliflower because it just makes things a little bit easier in the kitchen if you’re an at home mom looking to save time. This is a fun summer style recipe That’s great for your classic afternoon lunch, it’s great to be shared and I hope you enjoy it.
Fried Cauliflower Salad
For the salad
- 2 bags of frozen cauliflower (defrosted)
- 1 cauliflower head (cleaned into florets, cooked and cooled)
- 1 red onion diced
- 2 tomatoes diced
- 1/4 bunch parsley chopped
- 1/4 bunch cilantro chopped
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- drizzle olive oil / salt and pepper to taste
- Heat a pan or small pot with canola oil to high frying heat
- whether you are using fresh or frozen cauliflower once the cauliflower is ready Place the cauliflower in the pot and trying to golden brown. Remove from the fryer onto paper so that the paper can soak in all the oil and place in the refrigerator to cool. Once the cauliflower is cool, take the chopped vegetables and herbs and mix well with the cauliflower, then add in the lemon juice, olive oil salt and pepper and mix well.
- As seen in pictures it becomes one nice size salad and it’s packed with flavor!