Perfect Tuna Salad Recipe
The Perfect Tuna Salad Recipe has hard boiled eggs, crunchy celery, white onion, and sweet relish all in a light creamy dressing. Include this Tuna Salad recipe in your meal prep plans. You’ll love having a healthy light lunch or snack throughout the week!
When I was a kid, we had tuna sandwiches almost every Tuesday night. My mom worked late, which made my dad responsible for dinner. Our tuna was very simple. We would mix tuna with mayonnaise top the tuna with sliced sweet pickles and put it all on white bread.
Today, I still love tuna salad sandwiches, but now I add lots of other ingredients. One of my favorite recipes to have on hand is Tuna Salad. It makes a satisfying healthy lunch or quick snack.
IS IT HEALTHY?
Tuna is a powerhouse full of essential nutrients like Omega-3 fatty acids, potassium, magnesium and a slew of other vitamins and iron.
Omega-3 fatty acids work to bring balance to blood vessels and they reduce cholesterol in the arteries.
Tuna is also low in fat and rich in protein making it a great option when you are trying to make healthy choices.
HOW TO MAKE THE PERFECT TUNA SALAD
Drain Tuna and add to a mixing bowl. You can hold the lid over the top and squeeze out the water or I will often use a strainer, if I am making a large amount. I almost always double the recipe.
Add in mayonnaise, diced onion, diced celery, eggs and relish.
Stir everything together until well combined and season with salt and pepper to taste. This salad is best when it is chilled, but it’s usually hard for me to wait!
There are so many options with this tuna salad recipe.
- Make a big, delicious sandwich by adding fresh tomato and crisp lettuce on your favorite sandwich bread.
- It’s so good on crackers! My favorite is Club’s multi-grain cracker.
- Keep it low carb by using lettuce as a wrap. Serve with veggies like celery, carrots and cucumber.
- Take it over the top and make it a melt. Butter your bread, add a slice of cheese and even some bacon, then grill the bread on both sides until golden brown.
OTHER SALAD RECIPES
Sweet Tuna Salad is another Tuna recipe I adore or if you want to try a salad without any meat my Curried Egg Salad is a great choice.
PERFECT TUNA SALAD
I would love to have you comment & rate the recipe!
Perfect Tuna Salad Recipe
- ▢ 1 12 oz can Albacore Tuna
- ▢ 1/2 c Mayonnaise
- ▢ 1/4 c Onion Finely Chopped
- ▢ 1/2 c Celery Chopped
- ▢ 3 Tbsp Sweet Relish
- ▢ 1 Hard Boiled Eggs with yoke chopped
- ▢ 2 Hard Boiled Eggs whites only chopped
- ▢ Salt & Pepper to taste
- Drain tuna and place in mixing bowl.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well.
- Serve chilled.
- I recommend tuna packed in water. The tuna in oil is best used for different types of recipes.
I love this but have added thinly sliced celery plus the chopped leaves. The greens really make it pop! Thanks for your ppst
That’s exactly how I make my tuna salad and my mom did too. Delicious.