Buffalo Chicken Salad
Today, we’re making Buffalo Chicken Salad!
This chicken salad is SO easy, it clocks in at just 5 ingredients, and it is SO freaking good. Plus, it’s super versatile in how you serve it too!
So, let’s get to it.
I used to poach chicken breast with all the seasonings every time I made chicken salad. And while that’s all fine and good, I just don’t have the time and energy to be doing that every time I want chicken salad these days. So, I turn to my handy dandy friend, rotisserie chicken. I love using rotisserie chicken for chicken salad because it already has a base layer of seasoning, you can choose to use light or dark meat based on your preferences, it’s so inexpensive, and it freezes really well which makes it great to have on hand at all times. So, that’s what we’re using for this chicken salad!
The texture you’re going for in your chicken salad depends on you. I like to pinch the meat between my fingers to shred the chicken. But if you prefer a chunkier, diced chicken…you do you, boo. Either way, we’re going to mix that chicken right into a yummy blend of creamy buffalo goodness.
To coat our chicken, we’re going to do a simple mix of mayonnaise, buffalo sauce, and ranch dip mix. But here’s my secret, we’re not using just any ol’ buffalo sauce. Garlic buffalo sauce is what makes this chicken salad extra epic.
Now in my opinion, this chicken salad has the perfect kick to it. It’s not too spicy at all, but you get a little hint of heat in the back of your bite. However if you like the taste of buffalo without all of the spice, adding a tablespoon of sour cream to the creamy dressing blend really tames things down a lot.
Once the dressing is all mixed, we’ll toss in that chicken and some minced celery; and that’s all there is to it! I really like to serve this is lettuce wraps, and the cool crunch of the lettuce balances out the little bit of heat from the buffalo sauce even more. But, it’s also great with crackers, in a wrap, or on a sandwich. You can choose your own adventure!
I let a friend taste test this who doesn’t even like chicken salad, and she gave me two thumbs up on this one. If that’s not a testimony for its deliciousness, I don’t know what is!
Alrighty, ya’ll. I’m definitely on a buffalo sauce kick. So, what should we make next. I’ll take all the suggestions.
I hope you guys enjoy. And, let’s eat!
Buffalo Chicken Salad
- 2 cups rotisserie chicken, shredded
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp garlic buffalo sauce (I used Franks)
- 2 tsp ranch dip mix
- 2 stalks celery, minced
- Lettuce cups, toast, or crackers, for serving
- To a mixing bowl, add mayonnaise, buffalo sauce, and ranch dip mix. Mix well until fully combined. Add in celery and chicken. Mix until chicken is fully coated in the sauce. Chill for at least one hour.
- Serve in lettuce cups, with toast, or crackers, if desired. Enjoy!
- *You could use regular buffalo sauce if you really want, but the garlic buffalo sauce makes this next level.
- *I use a mix of dark and light meat rotisserie chicken. Use what you like.
- *This chicken salad is not too spicy but has just the perfect kick. If you want to tame the spice level down even more, add 1 tbsp sour cream to the dressing mix.
Sounds fabulous and we will try.
Rotisserie chicken is inexpensive? Where?? It would be cheaper to buy a whole chicken and roast it yourself, especially if you get your whole chicken when it's on sale, seems to me.